Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Online Notification

2»

Replies to: Online Notification

• cookiemomcookiemom Registered User Posts: 662 Member
    My S's interviewer led him to believe the decisions would be mailed out this week, but there is no way they are going to mail them out until they have reviewed them all. Most decisions have probably already been made. They are still getting interviews in and collecting stuff that's missing on some apps. I would expect them to be mailed out next week, though.
  • mzhang23mzhang23 Registered User Posts: 458 Member
    Decisions are mailed out via Priority Mail.
    New Jerseyites around Princeton get the decisions within a day, NYC gets it within 2 days, and everyone else typically has to wait three days for ACCEPTANCES to arrive. The envelope is LARGE.

REJECTIONS/DEFERRALS are mailed out reg mail... so you're probably deffered or rejected if someone in the neighborhood gets an acceptance and you get nothing.

Go back to last year's posts if you want to see how the mail gets around the country when sent from Princeton.

I got my decision before the 15th last year... because 15th was the stanford app date and I never sent it.
  • DizzymomDizzymom Registered User Posts: 541 Member
    mzhang,

Thanks for the details. It's just too bad P doesn't also send someone to hold our hands while we wait for the mail to arrive...
  • ValdezVivasMRValdezVivasMR Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    thats a good idea for princeton's marketing board, dizzymom
  • PrincetonwannabePrincetonwannabe Registered User Posts: 1,404 Senior Member
    too bad stanford doesnt give FA to intl students. or else i would have applied there.
This discussion has been closed.