right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Online Notification

ppanganppangan 73 replies21 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
edited December 2004 in Princeton University
Does Princeton release decisions online? If so, do they do it earlier than the mail notification? I know it takes away from the aura of having a big, fat envelope in the mailbox..but I was just wondering.
edited December 2004
20 replies
Post edited by ppangan on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Online Notification

• BokononBokonon 398 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 401 Member
    NOPE. It would be nice though.
    · Reply · Share
  • ppanganppangan 73 replies21 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    damnit....
    · Reply · Share
  • justLikeThisjustLikeThis 40 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    oh it ruins all the suspense and fun of it if you get them online early. better to tear apart an envelope.... however getting them sooner would be nice...
    · Reply · Share
  • c_jc_j 225 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    I don't really care for the fun of snail mail. I want my decision on Dec. 10 like the rest of the Ivy applicants. The next week is finals week, and I'd rather not receive bad news during that period.
    · Reply · Share
  • PrincetonwannabePrincetonwannabe 1184 replies220 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,404 Senior Member
    Is it out on 15th? when did the acceptees get it last year? i heard a bit earlier.
    · Reply · Share
  • c_jc_j 225 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    Depends on where you live. East coasters received the news either that Saturday or Monday after the Fridays decisions were mailed out. Those on the west coast had to wait until Monday or Tuesday to receive their letters.
    · Reply · Share
  • PrincetonwannabePrincetonwannabe 1184 replies220 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,404 Senior Member
    vancouver here.. i guess tuesday then...
    · Reply · Share
  • astrixastrix 2375 replies64 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,439 Senior Member
    Intl here... but fedex if it's good. So I guess Monday or Tuesday. If I don't get it by then, I start working on other apps.
    · Reply · Share
    does fedex really do it in one business day? so if they mail it on mon, i will get it on tues as will the ppl living in NJ? wow.
    · Reply · Share
  • astrixastrix 2375 replies64 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,439 Senior Member
    Yeah pretty cool :) I made the mon/tues prediction based on if they mail on Friday. Not sure though. And fedex only if it's an acceptance. Which would make waiting pretty sad after tuesday.
    · Reply · Share
  • mercurysquadmercurysquad 2664 replies59 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,723 Senior Member
    It takes 6 days by air mail. Fedex could be min 4 days.. I don't think it'd be less than that. First Flight said they take 5 days.
    · Reply · Share
  • mercurysquadmercurysquad 2664 replies59 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,723 Senior Member
    And I forgot to add, somewhere I read (maybe the viewbook) that decisions are mailed by the 15th. It might reach, e.g. on the 20th or 25th :p

I know MIT mailed acceptence letters to US nationals as late as 13th - 14th.
    · Reply · Share
    Nooooo. Last year they got sent on the 12th, I believe.
    · Reply · Share
    lol just psyching you guys out.. i'm just as nervous. The viewbook says:
    We make every effort to notify Early Decision candidates of our decision by mid-December.

:)
    · Reply · Share
    :mad: not appreciated, not appreciated...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity