Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me/ED Advice--End of Junior year!

ClarimodestClarimodest Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
edited June 2012 in Princeton University
Hello Everyone! I would just like to hear your opinions as to whether or not I should apply to Princeton Early Decision, or attempt to strengthen my credentials senior year. Thanks so much, your comments are very much appreciated!

GPA: Unweighted: 96.3 (4.0) Weighted: 102.3
Rank as of now:1/140

Junior Year SAT:2320 (CR 770 M 750 W 800)-First time
PSAT Score: 230 (Counselor said this should qualify me for National Merit!)
SAT Subject tests: 770 US History and 780 French

APs: I have taken or will have taken every single honors course/AP course that my school offers, plus self studying for some. AP scores so far are 5,5,5,5,and a 4. I will be taking 3 AP courses as well as 4 university courses through my school.

Summers: Part time job to help family out, leadership seminars/camps at local university, and music camps! (Anyone heard of NYSSSA? =])

Extra Curriculars/Passions: The main three clubs I am involved in are Key Club, French Club, and Mock Trial. I am extremely dedicated to all three of these. Junior year I served as French Club president, and for sophomore and junior year I served on the board of Key Club International across the country. I am also the captain of Mock Trial, and have gone on to lead our team to local victories at tournaments around the state! I love being in National Honor Society too, because it gives me opportunities to tutor middle school aged children and help out around the community!

I am a state ranked tennis player. It keeps me in shape!

Even thought I love these clubs, my true passion is Music. I am both a clarinetist and vocalist. I was honored enough to participate in the NYSSMA Conference All State Symphonic Band, and it looks like next year I will be able to choose between voice and clarinet for the same honor! For clarinet, I have been first chair at all county 5 times, and the same for area all state 4 times. I am principle of both my city's youth orchestra and my high school's concert band. In addition, I also have the terrific honor of performing in the NAFME All National Choir this month!! I have won many competitions locally, one that has led me to have the opportunity to play a concerto with my local symphony orchestra next year!

Through my essay, I really would love to convey my strong passion for both language and music. I would like to appear as sincere as possible!

Please let me know what you think! I know I am no where near as talented as other people applying, but I am honored that I can even apply alongside them.

My main concern is that I should perhaps take the ACT or another Subject Test. Thanks for reading =]
Post edited by Clarimodest on

Replies to: Chance me/ED Advice--End of Junior year!

• latinisfunlatinisfun Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    No ED at Princeton! Single Choice Early Action, not binding! But you look decent. You may want to take the SAT one more time.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    A 2320 is in the acceptable range (above it actually) so you should not waste your time redoing it. That is amazing! I would suggest you take another subject test because languages and history are more about "knowing your stuff" than smarts. Math 2 or a science, maybe? I'm sure you'd do great.
This discussion has been closed.