Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

hances and Constructive Criticism

bart2385bart2385 Registered User Posts: 327 Member
edited July 2012 in Princeton University
Thanks in advance!

Stats:
Male, Midwest, Caucasian, No hooks, rising senior

Academia:
GPA: 3.995 Unweighted
SAT: 2250 Single Sitting (Only time I took it) (750M, 740 CR, 760 W, 11 Essay)
SAT II: 800 US History, 740 Chem, 800 Math 2
AP Tests: APUSH (5), Euro (5), Calc BC (5), Lang/Comp (5), Stats (5)
Senior Year Courseload: Multivariable Calc., AP Econ, AP Comp Sci, AP Lit., CIS Compisition, CIS Spanish 5, AP Physics, AP Chem.
Major Awards: National Forensic League Degree of Honor, Degree of Excellencex2, ExCEL Nominee, 2 time Tri-Athlete Award, AP Scholar w/ Distinction, National Merit Commended

I go to one of the top ranked schools in the nation if that affects anything.

Extracurriculars:
Cross Country (4 years): Varsity Captain, Most Improved Award, Academic All State Award, State qualifier, Section champs while captain, Conference champs, All conference, Academic State Gold Award, Academic State Silver Award, 2 time Scholar Athlete of the Year, 3 time section qualifier, three varsity letters, Nike Footlocker Regionals/National qualifying meet

Swimming (4 years): Varsity Captain, Most Improved Award, Scholar Athlete of the Year Award, 2 time Academic State Silver Award, 3 varsity letters, 3 time Section qualifier in four events, True Team section runners up, 3 time true Team Section qualifier, True Team State Qualifier

Track and Field (3 Years): Varsity Captain, All State Academic Award, Most Improved Award two years in a row, 3 Time True Team Sectional Qualifier, 2 Time Sectional Qualifier, Most Improved, Scholar Athlete of the Year Award, 2 Time Varsity Letter Award Winner, Honor Roll Time in 2 Mile-9:53 and 1 mile - 4:33, Sectional Medalist, two time Sectional runner ups (in the hardest one in the state I may add),

Girls Swim Team Manager for 1 year.

Debate (3 Years): 2 Time State Qualifier, Novice Classic Debate State Quarter Finalist, National Forensic League Member, NFL Degree of Honor, Degree of Excellence, Letter Award Winner

Student Council (3 Years): Officer, Organized various things, including running a school wide Community Cup that includes a $1000 prize and a choice of charity, and also ran initiative for healthier district school lunches, 2 letter awards

National Spanish Honor Society (2 Years)

National Honor Society (2 Years): Service Committee, Dialogues committee, Dodgeball Committee (ran a local dodgeball tourney where all proceeds go to JDRF, lots of money raised)

LINC: LINC 101 - Leadership Class, get school credit on my transcript
LINC Leadership, Leadership, do large scale leadership with Freshmen and newbies at school
LINC 301: Captains training
Other misc. Leadership conferences

Summer Activities:

Took 2 online classes via Udacity (run by Stanford so it's legit. You get a grade and everything).

Volunteer Work: 200+ total

I help run a space camp for kids (volunteer work)

Running Camp: (3 years) (400 Mile Club)

Swimming Camp: (3 years)

Star Wars Collectable Card Game Club: I played competitive star wars collectable card game. I went to states and regionals (3 years)

Triathlons: I independently train and compete in triathlons.

Some other info: I probably plan to retake the SAT again this fall. I screwed up on the math and want to improve on that (I think I can snag an 800). Also, I sucked at the multiple choice on the writing section, so I can improve there. Additionally, I am going to study vocab for reading. Hopefully I can get past the 2300 threshold. I don't know if I want to take the SAT II Chem test again, but I know I could improve drastically as I haven't taken AP Chem yet. My times are not good enough for recruitment. Please provide tips on what I could do better, also! Thanks for reading this far!
Post edited by bart2385 on

Replies to: hances and Constructive Criticism

This discussion has been closed.