Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Legacy Question

mayee107mayee107 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Princeton University
Hi, like many others here, I really want to get into Princeton, and I was wondering which types of legacies are stronger. My mother and uncle were both graduate students at Princeton, and my mother conducts admissions interviews and donates regularly (not too much, like $500 a year). How does this legacy compare to someone else who has a sibling at Princeton as an undergraduate? I know that parents who are graduate school alumni are part of the secondary legacy, which is not as strong as the primary legacy (if they are undergraduate alumni), but I do not know about siblings. Can someone please help answer this question? Thank you very much!
Post edited by mayee107 on

Replies to: Legacy Question

• CantigerCantiger Registered User Posts: 899 Member
    I don't believe siblings are considered legacies. They probably take it into consideration with the rest of the application, however.
  • ivymaniaivymania Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    I remember there was another thread in which a user posted a link showing the different components of an applicant (test scores, GPA, ECs, Alumni Relation, Legacy Relation, Geographical Residence, etc.) and how each was weighed according to Princeton. According to that, although siblings aren't counted as legacy, sibling alumni relations are weighed on the same level as parent alumni (or legacy) relations are. So I guess having a Princetonian sibling does help a little.
  • T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    No one here can authoritatively answer your question. Even if the answer given was correct, what would that do other than to satisfy a curiosity? It's not as if you can alter you course.
  • mayee107mayee107 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    Yes I guess I'm just curious, but thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.