Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Predict the class of 2018 accept rate

giantmangiantman Registered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
edited November 2013 in Princeton University
I'm applying to Princeton during RD and was wondering what the projected acceptance rate would be.
Post edited by giantman on

Replies to: Predict the class of 2018 accept rate

• T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    what the projected acceptance rate would be.
    Who's to know? That takes guessing at how many people will eventually apply. Really for any individual's case, the admit rate is only a statistic.
  • BiologyMaster64BiologyMaster64 - Posts: 187 Junior Member
    I think the acceptance rate will decrease but not a whole lot because Princeton's 'advertising team' is not too good. Most applicants are pretty serious about attending Princeton. We don't get a ton of frivolous apps like, say, Columbia and Yale do. "Hurr durr I'm 18 and I think NYC would be really cool to live in and so Columbia's my dream school!"
    Not being condescending; I was that starry-eyed HS senior but thankfully made the right choice.
  • T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    BM: I think HYPC will always get it's fair share of those, unfortunately. Maybe P less than the other three, I agree with you. But you take the bad (more zero-chancers) with the good (broader pool of great applicants).
  • 1sparkle21sparkle2 Registered User Posts: 833 Member
    I predict that the acceptance rate will be low. There.
This discussion has been closed.