right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Princeton Graded Essay

2»

Replies to: Princeton Graded Essay

• SisiakaneSisiakane 15 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    https://admission.princeton.edu/how-apply/application-dates-deadlines it says here that the graded paper is due on Jan 1st
    · Reply · Share
  • sherpasherpa 4724 replies93 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,817 Senior Member
    I expect that Princeton would show a little leniency given the circumstances.
    · Reply · Share
  • lemonlime13lemonlime13 31 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Hi @JLeto, where did you see that the recommendation is 5 pages and 1,000 words? I only saw that "one or two pages is sufficient" from the FAQ page. I was just wondering because I'm applying RD and I'm not sure how long my paper should be. Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • Jleto18Jleto18 231 replies85 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 316 Member
    @lemonlime13 I guess they updated it since the last time I looked. Either that or I just imagined it, but anyway, just trust what their site says now.
    · Reply · Share
  • geekgurlgeekgurl 217 replies122 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 339 Member
    @lemonlime13 I also remember what @Jleto18 said, ~5 pages and ~1000 words recommended. Mine is around 1000 words so I thought it was a good option (and tbh it's the only option I have) but idk I think they actually changed their website in the last few weeks and I'm little worried now. By "one to two pages is sufficient" do they mean the paper has to be between 1-2 pages? or that they're only gonna read 1-2 pages so don't bother sending like a 10-page essay? am I still allowed to send my 6-page essay? (it's slightly over 1000 words)
    · Reply · Share
  • geekgurlgeekgurl 217 replies122 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 339 Member
    Also do we need to include the title/prompt of the paper?
    · Reply · Share
  • lemonlime13lemonlime13 31 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @geekgurl I think your essay should be fine- the 1-2 page thing is just "sufficient," not a recommendation, and they specifically say there's no word limit. I'm also considering sending in a ~1000 word essay, as I think it's a better representation of my writing ability. The worst they can do is stop reading after the first 2 pages!

Not sure about the title/prompt though...I would say include the title and not the prompt, but that's just my opinion
    · Reply · Share
  • chillbeanchillbean 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I also have similar circumstances to @benanderson1001 ... I'M SO WORRIED!! and the admissions office is closed through January first.... ahhh.....
    · Reply · Share
  • La petite crise cardiaqueLa petite crise cardiaque 35 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Quick urgent question, please help:
    I'm submitting a history graded essay, and it's a document-based analysis. Should I attach the instructions and the documents my essays are based on? They take up like 3 pages, and my essay takes up 4-5 pages. Is that reasonable? Look luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 37373 replies6486 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 43,859 Super Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Should I attach the instructions and the documents my essays are based on?
    No. And in the future, start a new thread with questions. Hijacking violates the forum rules and is rude to the original poster.
    edited December 2018
    · Reply · Share