right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Princeton Class of 2024

maddy09maddy09 63 replies2 threads Junior Member
I realized there doesn't seem to be a discussion thread for this yet. Feel free to post your stats, intended majors, SCEA or RD and why you love Princeton, etc.
22 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Princeton Class of 2024

• yayforapplesyayforapples 33 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I am doing Princeton SCEA. I intend to major in mathematics and minor in CS.
    Stats:
    Race: Asian
    SAT: 1590
    SAT II: Math 2 800, Physics 800, Biology 800
    AP: Computer Science A, World History, Calculus BC, Physics I, Physics 2, Physics C Mechanics, Physics C Electricity and Magnetism (self studied for those two), English Lang/Comp, US History, Biology. Taking Chemistry, English Lit and Comp, Macro econ and Government this year.
    GPA: 3.87 UW/4.45 W
    EC:
    Math:
    - USAMO Qualifier 2019
    - Got a 13 on AIME 2019
    - Top 20 at PUMaC (Princeton University Math Competition) 2017 and HMMT (Harvard-MIT Math Tournament) 2019.
    - Three-time AIME qualifier
    - Co-founded a successful nonprofit organization dedicated to furthering math education in Houston (hoping sometime later this year/ next year to expand to the country via an online platform). Used this to hold book drives and fundraisers for the nearby school district (because they sadly don’t have money to pay for any textbooks)

- Have played badminton and ultimate frisbee for the past four-five years, won some minor awards in both
    - Magic: My second passion. Performed at several events (from professional ones, to ones in retirement homes, to just performing at cafes for people who wanted to see).
    - Play the violin
    - Officer of two clubs at my school this year: MNHS and Badminton club. Used to be an officer for another club but the sponsor left and no one else was willing to sponsor it.
    - Worked/researched myelomic cancer (myeloma) at a local (very famous) hospital.
    - did a bioinformatics project last year with a mentor at another local hospital(again a very prestigious one)

Not sure if I forgot anything?
    I have always loved everything about Princeton, from the undergraduate focus to the alleged high rigor level (high level of rigor makes me perform better than low level of rigor). I love the architecture, the weather, the small, quiet, intimate setting. Really hope I get in. I know it’s a long shot, but hopefully I get lucky.

· Reply · Share
  • mara15mara15 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited September 5
    My daughter is P'23 and did SCEA. Her stats (higher GPA, same SAT) very similar to yours. She also started a nonprofit at her school and participated in various clubs and athletics. She was deferred but got in off the wait-list. She believes if she would have just done ED she would have gotten in during the initial round. The Princeton grant is very generous. If we had know about the endowment she would have applied ED and not had the stress of the wait-list. The elite schools want to know you want them the most. SCEA puts you at a disadvantage of not showing you want the school the most and also does not allow you to apply to any other private schools.

Best of Luck
    edited September 5
    · Reply · Share
  • maddy09maddy09 63 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @yayforapples You have a stellar profile! Great chances of getting in.
    Could you share what are you submitting for your graded essay?
    Best of luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • yayforapplesyayforapples 33 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Thanks @mara15 and @maddy09! Since I last posted that message, I have become the president and founder of two more clubs :)

I am submitting a research paper I wrote for the WHAP summer project. It was a pain to get because I had to sift through thousands of old documents from the last two years and then persuade my teacher to write comments on it (it was one of the only two expository essays I have actually written in high school and the other one was a DBQ, which I prefer not to submit because it was not exactly high quality- difficult to write well in 50 minutes).
    · Reply · Share
  • dinjimhdinjimh 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @mara15 I'm a little confused. I thought they only offer SCEA and RD. I did not see ED. Did they get rid of ED for this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • tgl2023tgl2023 154 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @dinjimh
    Princeton has ended ED in 2006, and instituted SCEA in 2011. Currently among the Ivies, besides RD, Harvard uses REA, Princeton and Yale offer SCEA, while Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and UPenn offer ED.
    · Reply · Share
    Are you guys applying SCEA or RD to Princeton? Are there any clear advantages applying early if you are not legacy or an athlete?
    · Reply · Share
  • CantigerCantiger 931 replies17 threads Member
    edited November 1
    Best wishes to all the SCEA applicants for this year!
    edited November 1
    · Reply · Share
  • skyfall007skyfall007 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My D submitted the main Princeton College application on time but forgot to hit the submit button on supplementals. She did that today. She has reached out to the college but concerned that her application will not qualify for SCEA. Does anyone have experience with inadvertent delays like this?
    · Reply · Share
  • benandjerrys101benandjerrys101 25 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know when EA decisions come out? Or at least around what dates? :) Good luck to all
    · Reply · Share
  • riazuluaga14riazuluaga14 40 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Based on previous years, on or around December 12th-13th. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    Did anyone get invited to interview at Princeton? @yayforapples @skyfall007 ?
    · Reply · Share
  • hitrowboathitrowboat 5 replies1 threads New Member
    I'm in the Triangle area of North Carolina and I didn't get an interview request yet.
    · Reply · Share
    Yes @maddy09 , I got an interview, and it's scheduled for next Monday. I'm kind of nervous but also really excited.
    · Reply · Share
    I'm in Florida, by the way.
    · Reply · Share
  • benandjerrys101benandjerrys101 25 replies2 threads Junior Member
    anyone wanna make a prospective student SCEA snap group? lol just for fun
    · Reply · Share
  • inspirezsinspirezs 5 replies2 threads New Member
    maddy09 wrote: »
    Did anyone get invited to interview at Princeton? @yayforapples @skyfall007 ?

I have an interview on Tuesday! Best of luck.
    · Reply · Share
    anyone wanna make a prospective student SCEA snap group? lol just for fun

hahaha let's do it!
    · Reply · Share
    @hitrowboat I am also in the Triangle Area! Did you get the interview yet? I got an email yesterday from a lady in Raleigh.
    · Reply · Share
  • parisfashionweekparisfashionweek 7 replies0 threads New Member
    edited November 10
    I finished my interview a few days ago! It was actually really fun, ask me any questions :blush:
    edited November 10
    · Reply · Share