The UW website says they will not be sending confirmation emails until Decembet. My DD applied back in September and has not received anything yet. She sent an email back in October asking if it had been received. She received a response that it had.
Eventually these lists become unwieldy and the lists inevitably split and it is hard to track. In 2016 there was a Google doc but it appears that it was edited out by the admins. I like to is the stats both ways, by name and by school. I wonder if any admit has a suggestion as to the best way to keep the lists intact and accurate that would fall within the acceptable terms of service? @MaineLonghorn or @skieurope
I agree, for those who have more schools to hear from, I can see no advantage to accepting an offer now, except for housing. However, if you have been accepted at your top choice, or only choice, and you are not waiting on a financial aid package to determine if you will accept, I would absolutely accept, pay and enjoy the remainder of senior year!
For us, my DD2018 is literally all over the place. Last week it was: "I am just going to go to LSU"; yesterday, she asked me to do an in-depth review of the psychology curriculum and AP credit acceptance policy at Auburn, because she thought she would pick Auburn over LSU. Hubby, who spent multiple college tours asking the same inane question about % of students living in campus, because he feels that is important, does not want to accept the Auburn offer so DD can get in the housing pool, suddenly it's ok if She has to find off campus housing?! DD would go to TAMU if offered a full acceptance, but I can't seem to get her to consider a Blinn offer or alternative admissions path for TAMU. Yet, she will consider a PACE or CAP offer for UT because she was originally, independently, thinking about applying to UTSA?! It makes no sense to me. My fingers are crossed that we can be done with this whole thing by mid-February, but my goodness the wait is agonizing.
I think that @mommdc makes a very valid allusion in the post about maintaining GPA for scholarship. I encourage everyone with a scholarship opportunity to pay close attention to the fine print regarding continued eligibility. Maintaining a 3.5, 3.2, 3.0 GPA in college is no easy task. Many straight A kids in high school are not straight A kids in college. Anecdotally, it seems most level down a half to a whole grade...A to A-/B+ or B to C etc.), particularly if they are a STEM major or are attending a school that has core subject requirements for which they have no interest or less apptitude. Liberal arts professor (english/history etc) have been known to stick it to STEM kids. First level STEM classes are notoriously hard weed out classes. And the plan old stress of adjusting to a new environment can play havoc on GPA. It's the proverbial big fish little pond, little fish big pond. There are a fair number of CC Class of 2016 kids with stellar stats that are experiencing all kinds of "bumps" in the road, from grades to emotional stress to change of major. Sometimes we see the college admit as a finish line of sorts when, in fact, it is a whole new starting line and just because they won the last race, doesn't even mean they will finish the next one.
(Sorry I am in a cold hard reality mood today. My rant was in no way implying that anyone's kiddo is not perfectly capable of being super successful in in whatever race they choose to run!)
First congrats. But, yes, posting in a big group message was a tiny bit self absorbed. Ok to share your excitement with a few of your very close friends is normal, but beyond that is sort of rude. Also not sure how "news would have gotten out eventually" unless you are the one to share it.
That said your score should in no way be putting "pressure" on anyone else and your score or anyone's score is completely unrelated to val/sal/top 5 status so that is them just blowing smoke.