Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Questbridge College Match 2016 Applicant Thread

Replies to: Questbridge College Match 2016 Applicant Thread

• ShajabanShajaban Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I was accepted into Brown, I dont know of anyone else though
  • PrisxillPrisxill Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    So for the schools that have already matched a ton of students like Duke, Northwestern, Uchicago etc... how many more students do you think they would accept through regular decision?
  • WWWardWWWard Registered User Posts: 1,618 Senior Member
    @ThatCaliGirl

Per QB (my daughter emailed them and asked a few weeks ago), all other QB Partners are made aware that you matched and to whom. But they also know its non-binding. In reality, being accepted via Match to Stanford, Yale, Princeton or MIT is going to only aid your efforts in getting in to the other QB Partners RD... especially if you actually tell your first choice what you have said here. And I see nothing wrong in letting Admissions there know that while you are extremely grateful to have already been admitted via Match to _______, your dream school scenario is to attend _________.

You now have until May 1st to compare acceptances and FA offerings. Clearly, a guaranteed 4 yr full ride is a lot to overcome in FA terms, and your parents may have a voice in this. But there is nothing wrong in letting it ride, seeing where else you get in and what Financial Aid is offered before you ultimately decide. Who knows, it may be equivalent or very close.

Be thankful that you have such a wonderful dilemma ahead of you :) and do not feel guilty. If you eventually go elsewhere, another fortunate applicant will move from the wait-list potentially into your spot... and be super thankful for that opportunity.
    @Prisxill

Over 2657 or 55%+ of all QB Finalists last year were eventually accepted to a QB Partner, either via Match or RD.

If those #s hold true this year, at least another 2169 Finalists will get in via the RD round to a QB Partner. That # will of course be spread out over 38 QB Partners, but the larger schools should be willing to accept more...

Good Luck
  • IsaacTheFutureIsaacTheFuture Registered User Posts: 208 Junior Member
    People have to remember that the number of people matched DO NOT represent the total number of people accepted. In other words, School A may have accepted 100 students, but since those students only ranked that school in the 6-12 range, it only matched with 10. On the other hand, School B may have only accepted 60 students, but since 90% of those students ranked it in their top 4, they got a big chunk of them, and matched with 50.
  • IDKStressedIDKStressed Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    yes! I got a general questbridge one and one about early decision
  • mum1s2dmum1s2d Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    My d matched to Stanford; her number 1 ranked.
  • mum1s2dmum1s2d Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    My d matched to Stanford, her no. 1 ranked school. In the Stanford Questbridge FaceBook page, she said 8 so far has joined.
  • QueenOfBohemiaQueenOfBohemia Registered User Posts: 321 Member
    @mum1s2d Congrats to your daughter! Even though 8 people joined the Facebook page, the total number of people who got matched to Stanford will still be off because the other QB Scholars likely don't have a Facebook or don't use it often.
    So... for those who did not match... what is your list for RD?

Or for those who did - what was your list prior to the good news?

My daughter's list now is... Brown, Duke, Emory, FL State, Northwestern, Princeton, Rice, Stanford, UMiami, USC, UTampa, UTexas, UVa, Vanderbilt, Yale (15 total). She had only ranked USC, Stanford, Yale.
    edited December 2016
    My list prior to match was duke, Stanford, northwestern, rice, upenn, ga tech, uc Berkeley, usc, Princeton, Purdue, and Cornell.
    @IsaacTheFuture Six in common. But I am sure you will love Northwestern. Other than maybe the harsh winters, it seems like an amazing university overall...
    @WWWard oh I'm definitely excited about it. Duke was my true number 1, so when i didn't get matched i was a little disappointed.... Forlike 15 minutes, lol. But then i realized i got a full scholarship to one of the nation's most prestigious universities which is as academically stout as they come. Plus, northwestern was in a 3 way tie for my second choice with Stanford and rice, so i have zero complaints. Hope to see your daughter at northwestern.

Ps. I love cold weather, so i think i can adjust.
    @IsaacTheFuture Glad to hear it. All 4 of those colleges are amazing. And good thing you like the weather. I guess that time will tell... I am not exactly sure how my daughter's thin FL blood would cope in the Chicago winters... lol
  • GeoffWii2GeoffWii2 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    @mum. My son also matched to Stanford and joined the QB facebook page. What is the Stanford QB page?
This discussion has been closed.