right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
College of Charleston, Cooper, Davidson, and Reed are rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Questbridge College Prep Scholars Applicant Thread 2019-2020

BundleaBeesBundleaBees 18 replies6 threads Junior Member
I'm not sure if this will be useful, but I made this thread for juniors applying this year. Hopefully, we can all help each other out and answer each other's questions.
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Questbridge College Prep Scholars Applicant Thread 2019-2020

• cici18cici18 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
    How’s application going everyone ?
    · Reply · Share
  • BundleaBeesBundleaBees 18 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Wow, I was so sure no one was gonna reply. It's going pretty well I think. I've finished most of my essays but I just need to do the Awards ones.
    · Reply · Share
  • Kay2ajKay2aj 3 replies3 threads New Member
    Hey I was wondering if I should even apply since I have a unique financial case. Basically my family used to be poor where I qualified for free lunch, had food stamps, etc. So 5 years ago I would definitely without a doubt qualify for questbridge. But now, my family makes above the $65,000 for four and we've been better off. So I'm not sure if I should still apply if things are better but at the same time, I feel obligated to apply due to the circumstances I had to go through growing up.
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 2196 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Kay2aj wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering if I should even apply since I have a unique financial case. Basically my family used to be poor where I qualified for free lunch, had food stamps, etc. So 5 years ago I would definitely without a doubt qualify for questbridge. But now, my family makes above the $65,000 for four and we've been better off. So I'm not sure if I should still apply if things are better but at the same time, I feel obligated to apply due to the circumstances I had to go through growing up.

Just popping by to say that, if you family has been making $65,000 for only a few years, and likely does not have assets due to having low income for many years, I would suggest that you apply. Your family is likely still dealing with financial issues which accumulated during the period during which you were low income, and therefore will have a difficult time paying for college.

So I think that, despite your family's present income being above $65,000, I think that you are likely eligible, unless your family had a huge windfall which included enough money to pay off all their debts, buy a house, etc...
    · Reply · Share
  • riverandsasha3riverandsasha3 8 replies3 threads New Member
    Glad to see a thread like this.

I was also wondering if my application will even get looked at because my tax returns from last year are different from my current financial situation. My family used to make $200,000, but we are in an insane amount of debt (hundreds of thousands of dollars on the house, ten of thousands for my sister's college, medical bills, etc.). Also, one of my parents had been on disability for 2 years and is now unemployed, which is not shown on the tax forms. We also have really high medical bills because of mental illness in the immediate family.

I would really like to apply for this program, but I don't want to think I have a chance if I don't.
    · Reply · Share
    @riverandsasha3 From what I've read, the general rule is: no matter what's on your tax forms, if you feel your family has faced financial hardships, apply. I think you should just really take advantage of the additional information forms.
    · Reply · Share
    I have a question about Quest for Excellence awards. It probably won't be answered in time because this thread has been really really quiet but you never know!

I know that you can apply for multiple QFE awards, but can you receive multiple awards? Like, is it possible to get the STEM award and the New Americans award to get a total of $2,000? Now that I say it, it seems pretty unlikely but I just wanted to confirm.
    · Reply · Share