Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***Reed Class of 2021 RD Applicant Thread***

Replies to: ***Reed Class of 2021 RD Applicant Thread***

• Fangirl1999Fangirl1999 Registered User Posts: 365 Member
    @Diego0115 Well, they're still committed to meeting 100% need of ALL students, so financial aid should be the same as if you were admitted sans waitlist
  • ArchibaldoArchibaldo Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Is anyone here going to the Reed Admit Day?
  • Diego0115Diego0115 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    I would... If I had been admitted
  • cbonnecbonne Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    @Archibaldo I will if financial aid is going to be a thing. If not then,,, I guess I am going to have to not consider Reed unfortunately. Really hope they come through!
    Hopefully you get what you need. Last\'s years ave package was over $41k.
  • Biogirl1998Biogirl1998 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    I have a really confusing financial situation (parent bankruptcy) and I emailed them about appealing my current financial aid offer and they were completely helpful and understanding. In other words, if you need it you will most likely get it.
  • cbonnecbonne Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    @Biogirl1998 my family's situation is not nearly as confusing as your's, but I think we can make the case that it will impossible to afford four years based on their offering. Good luck getting what you need and I hope we both get improved offers:)
    I am very excited to meet other new Reedies at the Reed Admit Day on April 10th!
  • sunshine232sunshine232 Registered User Posts: 298 Junior Member
    I still didn't receive my financial aid info - anyone else had this problem/have tips? I tried to login, it said I had no offer available at this time.
  • ChalkPastelChalkPastel Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    My daughter has no FA info either @sunshine232 Will it be sent by mail? Have others gotten the FA info online?
  • Biogirl1998Biogirl1998 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    If you had all info in on time they should've emailed it to you. If you didn't they should be contacting you. I spoke to someone from the office today and they will be actively reviewing appealed offers and formulating offers for those who haven't turned in all of their financial materials for the next 2-3 weeks. If you have any questions or are not contacted within the next week I would definitely give them a call. They are EXTREMELY affable.
  • anthrogeekanthrogeek Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Accepted! My Paeidea essay was on how modern lifestyles conflict with evolutionary constructs. E.g. the high rates of autoimmune disease in 1st world countries with high accessability to antibacterial products.
  • papacuprpapacupr Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2017
    I have yet to receive anything... I'm in Oregon and I just called Fedex and apparently I have no packages coming my way. Maybe they're sent out later for Oregon residents? That's at least what Jenny West told me.

Just since everyone mentioned it I wrote my Paideia essay about the Ukulele and its transcendents across all genres and areas of the world.
  • crosscroissantcrosscroissant Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I am an international student deferred from EDI. I still haven't received my decision, which should have come by April 1st. I've sent them 2 emails and they haven't replied either. I have no idea what I should do now. Any help would be appreciated.
  • dthdangdthdang Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2017
    @crosscroissant omg me too. can you tell me when they reply you about the decision release day ? and btw what are your stats ?
This discussion has been closed.