Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Chance me for reed (ED I International applicant)

AbdelhalimAbdelhalim Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Scores: SAT: 1440, math: 790 EBRW: 650 (W: 360 R: 290)
Sat subject: 790 math, 740 Phys
GPA: 4.0 unweighted (The academics are very rigorous)

- Translator at Sciencephile the AI youtube channel
- founder and writer at Leeh initiative (the team’s vision is to educate the public about the reasons behind everyday phenomena)
- FR VP, volunteer at Life Makers Egypt association (community service for the poor and the disabled)
- Leading actor in the school theater
- Biology voluntary tutor
- Education USA Competitive College Club member
- Translator At TEDx
- Freelance Designer (vector artist)
- Resala charity volunteer(community service)
- English club instructor

Achievements include:
- Intel ISEF national fair finalist
- Intel ISEF school fair Topranking project
- Best play performance
- Best poetry recitation
- 2nd place in the chemical energy category in Nawah Fair

*I kept a truly good relationship with my English and chemistry teachers as well as my Education USA advisor so I expect That recommendations are pretty good.

*my TOEFL score is already over their minimum requirements, and I dunno whether it makes any difference during the admission process but here it is
Total: 106 R:30 L:29 S:20 w:27

*The essays were reviewed by two reedies and they told me they were really good. In the common app essay, I wrote about my transformation from a naive conformist to a critical thinker especially in a religious community that hinders one's intellectual abilities; It may sound of cliche but It really means a lot to me and I really put a lot of effort into crafting it.

The paideia essay was about the flying spaghetti monster; a queer topic but I tried to strengthen my argument of how this lecture would be very sound and a good addition to the reed community.

*I'm only worried that the college is need-aware. see I'm from a country where one dollar equals the value of nearly 20 pounds: my max family contribution is no more than 5000$ per year so that's one against my odds I guess.

Replies to: Chance me for reed (ED I International applicant)