right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Schools are not offering in-person tours because of COVID-19, but many offer virtual tours. Check out our directory of virtual campus tours we know about right now.
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!

Reed - Anyone else apply ED2 for class of 2024?

SertainSertain 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
Just wondering if anyone else applied ED2 and is waiting to hear? Do you think the decisions are being mailed at the same time as the EA? I see that some people have gotten notices that they have packages coming.
21 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Reed - Anyone else apply ED2 for class of 2024?

• mjjjj51502mjjjj51502 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I did!!! I am super scared to get the decision back.
    · Reply · Share
  • firevsrainfirevsrain 4 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied ED2 as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • ouicavaouicava 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    has anyone from ed2 gotten a package or heard of one coming through fedex? why do you guys think ea people are getting their packages sooner... kind of strange!
    · Reply · Share
  • SertainSertain 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Nothing happening here. I am thinking/hoping that they got out the EA decisions first since their deadline was in November, and then they will get to us. I actually chased a Fed Ex truck this morning that was coming toward my house just in case, but it turned and stopped on another street, so I kept going.
    · Reply · Share
    hoping they aren't as behind as last year's rd decisions. wishing you all good luck! also, does anyone know if reed's ed acceptance rate changes between ed1 and ed2?
    · Reply · Share
    @ouicava I think they group ED1 and ED2 together, so the stats for the 2 are combined when reported.
    · Reply · Share
  • CharmingFrockCharmingFrock 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited January 31
    My daughter and her friend both applied ED2 and her friend came home to an a acceptance package on her front stoop on Wednesday! So far, with the colleges they have both applied to, Josie's acceptances tend to come a week it two later than Gillian's. I guess because of our financial aid applications. Our expected EFC is something like $200 a year and Gillian gets tuition discounts but no need based financial aid.

I would say that their apps are about equal. Josie has a bit higher SAT scores...because the wretched girl is NEVER anxious. It's annoying. Her friend and I will be flipping out over something like taking an SAT, pacing back and forth, wringing our hands and Josie just walks by saying it's just a stupid test, really, who cares? Honestly, I think anxiety takes up 90% of your brain power.

Anyway, both girls are in the top 5% of their class, Jo's SATs are slightly above 1400, about 100 points higher than her friend's. I would say their extra curriculars are about the same, nothing terribly impressive. Same with their internships. Well, I don't know. Jo did one with my engineer sister, Gillian got one with law enforcement and was able to do more hours at it because Josie had to work.

Golly, this text editor is annoying.
    edited January 31
    · Reply · Share
  • Roxy2002!Roxy2002! 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi friends. Who has an idea when the EA decisions for International students come out? What are my chances with a 31 ACT and 3.7 GPA(unweighted)😟?
    · Reply · Share
  • Roxy2002!Roxy2002! 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Wow, congrats to Josie. Goodluck to Gillian!!
    · Reply · Share
  • CharmingFrockCharmingFrock 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Roxy2002, Josie hasn't been accepted yet. Her friend was.
    · Reply · Share
    @CharmingFrock, are you certain that Josie's friend applied ED2 and not EA? Just curious because so far no one else who applied ED2 has received a package. I am holding on to hope that they have not yet mailed out the ED2 responses.
    · Reply · Share
  • firevsrainfirevsrain 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Any ED2 updates?
    · Reply · Share
    @firevsrain -Nothing here.
    · Reply · Share
    word from reed admissions office: packages for ed2 will be out this week! or at least we will hear back sometime this week. didn’t say a specific day though.
    · Reply · Share
  • hehehehehehehehehehehehe 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Thank god
    · Reply · Share
    Class of 2024 y'all!
    · Reply · Share
    Yay! Got an email this afternoon. Class of 2024! The package is on the way according to the email.
    · Reply · Share
    did everyone who got accepted get an email today?
    · Reply · Share
    @Sertain @hehehehehehe congrats guys! if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?
    · Reply · Share
    I got a 29 on the ACT, and my school does not calculate GPA and does not do class ranking.
    · Reply · Share