Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

I got off!

tennisdudetennisdude Registered User Posts: 629 Member
edited May 2007 in Reed College
Hello All,

Today I got off of the wait list at Reed!

I am soooooooooooooo happy and surprised, dude. This is completely rediculous. Completely. Rediculous.
Post edited by tennisdude on

Replies to: I got off!

• spitfire20spitfire20 Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    heeeey congrats! Happy for you. Join us on facebook - Reed College Class of 2011 :)
  • waiting07waiting07 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    tennisdude, what did you do after you got waitlisted? did you send in anything extra?
  • tennisdudetennisdude Registered User Posts: 629 Member
    Okay, lets see...

RIGHT after I got wait listed, I emailed my admissions guy from spring break in Sri Lanka, saying that I'd be back on the 15'th, I'm really interested in Reed, etc etc.

Then I got back, emailed him and asked how best to send additional writing / teacher recs. He said to send it all in one package.

So, like, last week, I sent in a package with a cover letter describing what I had done since the initial decision (academically), and expressing how I like Reed. It was short, but showed that I knew things about the school. (This is how all my wait list contact with Reed was, actually. Short, love-showing, and always with a joke.)

Anyway, the package was this cover letter, a teacher rec, a piece of writing about the best course I've ever taken, and a piece of writing about five of my favorite books (approx 1 page each).

I then sent him another one of those short love-showing emails to tell him that I sent the package, and I hope that he had recieved it.

Then, he called, and I was shocked. He said, "I got your package... You have some good books on that list..." I was so excited! Yup, I joined the facebook group!
  • waiting07waiting07 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    thanks for that.

Are you an international? (Sri Lanka gave me the idea)
  • tennisdudetennisdude Registered User Posts: 629 Member
    Nope, I'm not international. I just happened to be out of the country for spring break.
This discussion has been closed.