Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Reed and Ohio Wesleyan

124»

Replies to: Reed and Ohio Wesleyan

• peter05peter05 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    :-) i do take your sense of humor very seriously.
  • TrinSFTrinSF Registered User Posts: 1,482 Senior Member
    Actually, this discussion was the source of much mirth and amusement at my Thanksgiving gathering: most of my guests had first hand experience of Reed, Ohio, OWU, and combinations of those things. Many amusing anecdotes about the "Bohemian, liberal, hip" culture in Delaware, Ohio were shared, as well as the lamenting of Reed students that there just aren't enough naked events each week these days, what with the recent cancellation of the skinny dipping party. I think the lively discussion and amusement were the high point of our dinner conversation. :-)
  • veryscaryveryscary Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    And there is my son who has applied to OWU as well as UVM (VT), UNH, Bentley College, Rider University, Clark University and UMass Amherst.
  • peter05peter05 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    :-) OWU has its fair share of students from the Northeast. I think the students from MA, CT and NY are about 30% each year. Last year it was even higher than that.

Btw, I have to watch what comments I make about the posts of certain people who post a lot on the Reed forum (names won't be mentioned) and about their mirth and amusements at their gatherings even though my guess is that the last time they visited the OWU campus was too long for them to remember it.
124»
This discussion has been closed.