Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Reed College 2014 Applicants

12345679»

Replies to: Reed College 2014 Applicants

• gary7gary7 Registered User Posts: 2,983 Senior Member
    At least you know you are good enough if you got 2 waitlists :) And there's always hope of making it considering the variable yields this year.
  • bootherizerbootherizer Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I just got an email acceptance from Reed last night. Has any one else heard back yet?
  • Paradox7Paradox7 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    ^Almost everyone has, bootherizer. Congratulations!
  • tagbandatagbanda Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Rejected. Feels really horrible. Reed was top choice and I'm sure I'm going to be rejected everywhere (Richmond wants me to pay full fees to be waitlisted!) :(
  • Paradox7Paradox7 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    I'm so sorry, tagbanda. I'm sure something will work out though.
  • tagbandatagbanda Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Thanks. Fingers crossed, got only three colleges to go, but hopes are very low...
  • nicollesnicolles Registered User Posts: 589 Member
    Wow, there's alot of international's here...cool...Is any one a transfer student by any chance? I won't fin out till the middle of may which REALLY sucks.....

For those of you who got accepted, do you mind my asking what your stats are? I just wanna get an impression of whether I should continue to hope or just give up completely...
  • MajikatMajikat Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I got in! Stats:

GPA: 3.9
    ACT: 34
    SAT: 2210
    Extracurriculars: French Club pres., NHS, Model UN, Peer Court, Drama Club, Greek teacher and student, Environmental Club...other stuff I can't remember
    My Common App essay was about my experience in Paraguay last summer as a volunteer for Amigos de las Americas.

I also got accepted to Lewis & Clark, U of Puget Sound, and Middlebury but I think my mum has already decided on Reed for me because of the financial aid. Which is fine by me; it's probably my top choice here anyway :)
  • SageMIomoSageMIomo Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    Congrats Majikat! God I wish I could have high testing scores, but standardized testing wasn't meant for me.
  • nicollesnicolles Registered User Posts: 589 Member
    Way to go dude! At least I have the gpa, the testing...yeah not my thing....
This discussion has been closed.