Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Candidate's Choice or Common App

meridenmommeridenmom Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
Any difference in the apps? Pros/Cons? Also, as RPI Medal award recipient application fee waiver is given. How you do you submit application without payment? Do you need to use Candidate's Choice to get the fee waiver? Thanks!
Post edited by meridenmom on

Replies to: Candidate's Choice or Common App

• cortana431cortana431 - Posts: 5,015 Senior Member
    No, there's no difference. I used the common app simply because i applied to other schools through the common app so there was no point in spending time filling out the candidates choice. I am also an RPI medalist however I never received any notice of my application fee being waivered last year, so it may have but you should contact RPI's admissions office for further clarification.
  • 1214mom1214mom Registered User Posts: 4,213 Senior Member
    My son used the common app, because he was applying to other schools also. You do get the fee waived for being a medalist, but the admissions office will have to explain the process. (it's not hard, I just don't remember what it was).
    I can't resist putting a plug in for RPI. It seems to be great so far - my son is a freshman.
  • meridenmommeridenmom Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Thanks to both of you. Coincidentally, the day I posted this my son got a letter from RPI stating that the fee is waived regardless of which app he uses. He is applying to a few other schools that use the common app so he will use that. 1214mom, glad to hear your son is enjoying it so far :)
This discussion has been closed.