Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

RPI Class of 2023 Thread

1101112131416»

Replies to: RPI Class of 2023 Thread

• rileysmomrileysmom Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I have a correction to make on my previous comments on not getting anything from RPI. Apparently my son HAS gotten emails. He thinks he’s had 8 since being notified of acceptance. He simply didn’t bother to tell me. So, it appears that RPI is reaching out and giving him the “we want you” sales pitch that RIT is also giving him.

I’m glad they are keeping in contact with him, just wish he had told me earlier.
  • Spark2018Spark2018 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    Congratulations to your son and your family. Thank you for your update setting the record straight. If your son decides to accept at RPI, or any school, I suggest the schools twitter feed so you know what's up.
  • CollegeGrad79CollegeGrad79 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    RPI students, alumni plan march on Friday
    https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/RPI-students-alumni-plan-march-seek-changes-in-13754132.php

"The Greek houses, though, maintain, that by keeping students out of fraternities and sororities during Summer Arch, they’re being deprived of revenue. They also say Greek housing is less costly for students."
  • TQfromtheUTQfromtheU Registered User Posts: 1,546 Senior Member
    In preparing for ARCH, your student should choose sophomore year housing carefully. My DS and his freshman roommates chose to live in Stacwyck as sophomores because they would have four private bedrooms in an on-campus apartment with a full kitchen and the building was designated for ARCH housing. DS is not moving for ARCH.. He and his roommates were able to leave everything in the apartment while they went on break.
  • Spark2018Spark2018 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    edited May 9
    @StudentsR1st Thanks for posting the recent 'Polytechnic' article. Overall a balanced and accurate editorial. A good read especially for those coming in or considering RPI class of 2024.
  • StudentsR1stStudentsR1st Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    Thanks Spark2018. I agree with you regarding the article. I just started a thread for the Class of 2024 based on that article.