Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

RPI of old(one view), note to those considering technical institutes in general.

2»

Replies to: RPI of old(one view), note to those considering technical institutes in general.

• CollegeGrad79CollegeGrad79 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Has anyone in this thread heard of the Square Root Club? At the Toot, it was when the square root of your semester GPA was larger than your real GPA. For non-STEM folks, this means your semester GPA was less than 1. For those who took Complex Variables, it could only be worse if your GPA was imaginary.
  • StudentsR1stStudentsR1st Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    I remember helping my fraternity brothers and in some cases pledges either avoid or get out of the square-root club. (In the 80's).
  • CollegeGrad79CollegeGrad79 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    @StudentsR1st We were just telling our son last week about the test files all the frats had in the late '70s.
  • StudentsR1stStudentsR1st Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    @CollegeGrad79 I thought the bad tests were just as helpful as the good. At some point houses were told requiring pledges to show us their tests and attend study sessions was hazing. It singled out the pledges. We did support each other and sometimes a few houses would work together.