Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Rice Rescind Level

ILoveBurritosILoveBurritos Registered User Posts: 41 New Member
edited May 2011 in Rice University
As an admitted student set to attend Rice University, my current grades have got me a little bit....troubled, and I was wondering what level of grade drop-off is acceptable. And I know I'll probably get responses saying "just finish out strong" and other stuff like that, but I need a real barrier. Say I got 6 A's and 1 B last semester. What am I "allowed" to get this semester? What is safe?
Post edited by ILoveBurritos on

Replies to: Rice Rescind Level

• AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    Stay away from C's. If you get 3 A's and 3 B's, I am sure you will be fine. If your transcript is B's and C's, then they may take issue.
  • ILoveBurritosILoveBurritos Registered User Posts: 41 New Member
    So one C will kill you?
  • FallenAngel9FallenAngel9 Registered User Posts: 2,429 Senior Member
    Better safe than sorry, right? If you can, I would go ahead and bump that up to a B. I mean you did it three and a half years, it can't be that hard to do it one more semester, right?

I'm sure you'll be fine with one C, especially in a difficult class, but it's always better safe than sorry as I said before.
    One C will probably not kill you . Rice will want to make sure that you aren't completely blowing off your final semester.

Again, it is a discretionary thing. If your GPA falls from a 3.8 to a 2.9, they might have issues with that.
  • NYSkins1NYSkins1 Registered User Posts: 799 Member
    I had at least one C my senior year, and it wasn't a problem. Just don't get straight Ds & Cs and you'll be okay.
  • thomhobbesthomhobbes Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem, although I'm pretty sure I'm worrying for nothing. Last semester I got 3 A's, 2 B's and one pass which doesn't factor into the gpa. This semester it looks like I might get 3 A's, 2 B's and a C (or 4 A's, one B and a C). Am I in any danger?
  • Dorian_ModeDorian_Mode Registered User Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    No, you'll be fine.
    You will be fine. Do the best you can and you should be ok
This discussion has been closed.