Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

My family income is 53000, I live in California, and I got Into Rice...how much will

ChicanoChicano Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
edited April 2011 in Rice University
How much will i need to pay? =\ Rice is my top choice but if i have to pay a lot I will end up going to berkeley since i only have to pay 6k there....
Post edited by Chicano on

Replies to: My family income is 53000, I live in California, and I got Into Rice...how much will

• ChicanoChicano Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    like i dont get what work study is..
  • AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    Work study is a program where you work (a job at the university for a department such as athletics, administration, coffeehouse, media center, annual fund etc.) and you are paid. This money is intended to be used for tuition and education related expenses.

Also, what is your EFC?
  • wjss0806wjss0806 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    with 53k income you should pay similiar as Berkley. Use online calculator such as in collegeboard.com for your EFC. By the way, Rice should already sent you a FA package. Otherwise you need to cal Rice quickly.
This discussion has been closed.