Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

essay prompt? I don't get it haha

2»

Replies to: essay prompt? I don't get it haha

• Ragnarok227Ragnarok227 Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    I wrote some on my family and how my grandfathers taught me the meaning of perseverance, education, and hard work. Then I talked about my unique pool of friends (about 50 that are completely different nationalities) and my experiences (I went to a bar mitzvah and then to a chinese birthday and then to a mexican birthday back to back to back). The I talk about how in elementary my chinese friend and I started a little math race to see who could finish a program first. Several other people became interested and as a result we had six 5th graders complete a 9th grade level program.

I also mix in my passion for math, science, art. Then I switch from english to spanish and throw in the occassional japanese and german.
  • IHSIHS Registered User Posts: 812 Member
    People I Couldnt Find This Essay Prompt Anywhere?! Is It Only For Transfers???
  • sergio1337sergio1337 . Posts: 203 Junior Member
    no....that is the essay prompt for the entering underclassman class in the rice application man. look closer.
  • IHSIHS Registered User Posts: 812 Member
    I used the commonapp and supplement and I couldnt find it! The only essay I found was "why did u chose this school...not binding?"
  • sergio1337sergio1337 . Posts: 203 Junior Member
    that essay is not in the common application. however, i would recomend the rice application better, in my opinion it offers a betterpicture of you to the comittee
  • amazingspidermanamazingspiderman - Posts: 49 Junior Member
    just a quick thing-- is the rice supplement to common app available in online format? or do you have to print the PDF form and mail that one? Cause I've printed out the PDF and filled it out but haven't sent it yet cuz I don't know if that's correct procedure or not.

edit-- nm i guess someone already answered that.
2»
This discussion has been closed.