Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptance Letters

rj1988rj1988 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
edited January 2006 in Rice University
The anticipation for any form of letter from Rice is killing me and, in theory, we still have half a month to go! =O
I just wanted to ask you all if we recive the letters /on/ the 15th, if they are sent out on the 15th, or if there is a chance in recieving them before the 15th.
Post edited by rj1988 on

Replies to: Acceptance Letters

• raindrop1019raindrop1019 Registered User Posts: 959 Member
    I got a letter from Rice today (small envelope)

About financial aid options. Thanks for the heart attack, Rice :) But I seriously want to find out before Monday, December 14 (?) so I know how much to study for finals. This is so frustrating!
  • pilebaypilebay Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    I think that they are all mailed from the school on the 15th. So however long it takes mail to get to your house from Houston. I figure it should be about five days to get to Alaska so I don't get to know until the 20th!!!! I am so nervous but I am pretty resigned to my fate of a small envelope. Oh well. Hope springs eternal right??
  • collegekid88collegekid88 Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member
    I received my letter on Dec. 11th last year. Your letter should most likely come before Dec. 15th. Decisions will be posted online by the 15th.
    Wow can you really get them online? I thought that they didn't do that? So when they say "student notified by the 15th" that means that they could mail the letters before that? I guess I will have to go camp out in the post office for the rest of December!!
  • tommyytommyy Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    I got mine on the 12th last year and they became online on the 15th.
  • rj1988rj1988 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Hell, I think I'll just skips school to chase the postman around so I am sure to get it ASAP. ^_^
  • RabidRabbitRabidRabbit Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Gaahhhhhh!!!

I Can't Take The Wait Anymore!!!!!!
    Only two weeks and we will all know!! So nervous I am having problems concentrating in school. Isn't it scary that most of our applications have already been decided on? They are just sitting out there....
    They really should just let you know as soon after the fact as possible instead of makin us wait sooo long. =]
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    They are mailed - regular mail - such that most of them get it by 15th. So kids closer to Rice receive them sooner.
  • rufio055rufio055 Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    I'm excited, but at the same time dreading it a little.
  • kitkatbar321kitkatbar321 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    eek! I can't wait either. I live in Houston, so I'll probably get mine first. >.<
    I'm just dreading it. Yet I need to know..... Only two weeks!!!!!! That's the day before my school starts Christmas break. So it has the chance to destroy my entire break.
  • JimmyEatWorld711JimmyEatWorld711 Registered User Posts: 2,399 Senior Member
    My Christmas break starts a full week after yours :(
    Yeah- really! Your school district must love you guys or something! We get out the 22nd or 23rd I believe. -.-
    Anyway, 'under'/or 14 days! wheeee!
This discussion has been closed.