Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

If you get rejected, where will you go?

undecided2014undecided2014 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
edited December 2013 in Rice University
If you get rejected, where will you go? What other schools did you like and if you want, even state what you liked about them.

I feel a little lost. I applied to all Texas schools, and have gotten in to all, except Rice so far. And I have not heard back from UT Austin yet. I have been accepted at Baylor, TAMU, UTD, Austin College, and Trinity. Each school has something I like, and something I don't like, except Rice. I feel like Rice is perfect for me.

Size matters to me. So, UT Austin, TAMU, and UTD seem too big to me. I like AC and TU, but since I am likely going in to math and science, it just felt like, from looking over their courses offered and such, that I would not be able to go as far at AC and TU as at a university. I will already have 2 AP science credits (classes, however you word it) and 2 AP math credits.

I would love to hear everyone's other choices. Thanks!

And good luck everyone!!
Post edited by undecided2014 on

Replies to: If you get rejected, where will you go?

• RamanarayananRamanarayanan Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    And ur stats are?
  • StarSeraphStarSeraph Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
    Besides Rice:

I have applied to UT Austin and A&M.

I am going to apply to Georgia Tech and Cornell University.

Cornell is my second choice. If I don't get into either, I will most likely go to A&M, but I am also considering Georgia Tech, so....we'll see, haha.

Good luck to all!
  • Ctapplicant2014Ctapplicant2014 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    When did you hear from trinity? I applied EA and haven't heard anything yet.
  • BCH2014BCH2014 Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    I got into UIUC and Purdue today, so those are options. But UT and University of Washington (As in Seattle not STL) are probably my second and third choices respectively. I only applied to one school inside of a 850 mile radius of my house...
  • undecided2014undecided2014 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
    Trinity University sent out their results yesterday. Did you get it yet now?
  • Ctapplicant2014Ctapplicant2014 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I got the email and I got in. For some reason the email went to my spam. Do you know when we find out about merit aid?
  • IvytIvyt Registered User Posts: 3,531 Senior Member
    Trinity sends merit scholarships with their admissions letter in the mail, I believe.
  • undecided2014undecided2014 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
    I got mine in the mail. The email only said I was admitted. But the letter included a nice note and a scholarship offer.
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 35,311 Super Moderator
    Large universities aren't that intimidating when you actually attend one. I tell people that UT is like a large city with lots of small neighborhoods. You don't see all 50,000 students at once, except maybe at football games, which are awesome. I was an architectural engineering student and hung out a lot of the time in the civil engineering building (Cockrell). I had a close-knit group of friends. My FAVORITE class at UT was American History, which had over 300 students in it. The prof was a fantastic story teller and always available to talk (he tried to get me to switch majors from engineering to history, ha!). My upper-division engineering classes were all pretty small.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there is so much opportunity at a big school. My son got to do research in the BME lab when he was a freshman! And there is always something fun going on somewhere.

Anyway, that's just another view. Good luck to you, wherever you go!
  • franko5150franko5150 Registered User Posts: 689 Member
    MaineLonghorn, just curious who taught that American History class? Just asking because I'm a history major. Dr. Brands?
This discussion has been closed.