Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

No Interview?

procracumberprocracumber Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in Rice University
I missed the 12/15 deadline for an interview. Does it hurt my chances if I don't have an interview?
Post edited by procracumber on

Replies to: No Interview?

• AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    I don't think so. Interviews are helpful in the sense that you can give life to your paper application, tell Rice more about you as a person and learn something from a student/alumni ambassador.

I would say that an interview can help, but not having one will not hurt. I requested one myself when I applied, but wasn't able to get one due to where I was living at the time. Still got in.
  • procracumberprocracumber Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Thanks for the response! But does it show that I'm not interested enough, though?
  • AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    Thanks for the response! But does it show that I'm not interested enough, though?

Demonstrated interest is one of those things that probably can provide a small bump to an already strong application. From what I understand, it doesn't hurt your application nor does it play a huge part in admission either.

In general, demonstrated interest helps, but the lack of it should not preclude you from admission.
  • yetanotheridyetanotherid Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    I requested an interview before 12/15 but haven't got one yet
This discussion has been closed.