Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Merit Based Scholarship

nikrulesnikrules Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in Rice University
Well I am actually applying for rice in RD but I am just curious to know whether they inform us about the scholarships at the time of admission decision or do we have to enroll there first?
And Is it extremely difficult to get a merit aid there? How badly would being an international affect my chances?
Post edited by nikrules on

Replies to: Merit Based Scholarship

• RamanarayananRamanarayanan Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    International students have a different process, there are merit scholarships for international students also the acceptance is different. There are allocated X number of spots for international students. Merit scholars are very limited at Rice and very competitive. But if you have financial need I think you might have better chance to obtain some sort of aid.
  • nikrulesnikrules Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    Thanks but basically i just want to know whether they will inform us at the time of admission decision or after enrolling, because I do not want to enroll only to find out later that i have zero aid.
  • AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    They will send all merit aid along with your acceptance packet. All finances are disclosed and available prior to committing/enrolling.
  • nikrulesnikrules Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    Thank you ..
This discussion has been closed.