Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances at Rice?

houstonkid2200houstonkid2200 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in Rice University
I'm a current junior in hs...
Here are my stats so please chance me:
SAT: 2260
ACT: 33
GPA: 88.4/100 (3 AP courses SOPHOMORE YEAR, I got 5's on all exams) (Yes I know its kind of low)
Activities: Dance, tennis, lacrosse, piano, violin, president of three clubs, 600+ hours of internship with doctors, science fair projects
Parents are doctors but they went to Brown and Harvard
Income: $1M+
Not applying for financial aid. (not sure if these matter but ive seen them put in the accepted students profiles here on cc)
Race: Asian
Hooks: $?
Post edited by houstonkid2200 on

Replies to: Chances at Rice?

• AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    Do you have a class rank?
  • houstonkid2200houstonkid2200 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    I do not have a class rank; I attend a private school in Houston that doesn't rank
    hmm.. The GPA as a number is a little low relative to stats I have seen/read. Where would you estimate it to be relative to your peers? Does your school have a hard grading curve?

I ask as I finished HS with a 82/100, which on its own is far from spectacular. I was rank 2 in my class however and my transcript did have the average on it as well, which I was way ahead of. I speculate this helped me get in.
    I go to an extremely challenging school in , which is consistently ranked among the top in the United States... So, my gpa isn't uncommon but we don't rank... Rice knows its a hard school, many many kids from my school go to rice
    Well, in that case, your stats put you well in range to get in. You will be compared against other applicants from your school which can help as well.

Good Luck
    Oh I did not know that
    Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.