Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will my subject test score kill my chances?

journeytothetopjourneytothetop Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited January 2014 in Rice University
I go to a early college high school so my preperation for the subject tests was mostly self-study, and i spent a while studying for the history test but i sadly got

us hist:670
math 2: 780

i have great grades, gpa, sat score, and ecs. but i was deferred from tulane so now im thinking that these scores can make a difference. i am now applying to notre dame and rice, should i spend the time restudying and retaking the tests?
Post edited by journeytothetop on

Replies to: Will my subject test score kill my chances?

• AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    When are you applying for? IIRC, all testing needs to be completed by the application deadline, so if you are applying for next fall, that would be by Jan 1
  • Dream4LifeDream4Life Registered User Posts: 453 Member
    ^ same question, as an engineering major, how much will a 780 math and 680 physics hurt my chances. I also sent in a 710 USH score.

my sat reasoning math is only 710 as well
  • yarneeyarnee Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I was accepted early to Rice with similar scores to you, as well as a 670 Physics (HAHAHA). I think you'll be fine, as long as you have strengths in other areas :)

@Dream4Life I'm doing a biomed engineering major!
  • Dream4LifeDream4Life Registered User Posts: 453 Member
    Wow thats great yarnee, u relieved my stress

just to clarify, you got into an engineering major(biomed) with 670 physics and high 700's math scores?

if u don't mind, could u share some of you stats just to get a picture of the engineering applicant

Thanks!
  • AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    It really depends on the rest of your app. If you have a stellar app with one score that isn't great, it doesn't automatically keep you from getting in.
  • SCam1stSCam1st Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    one score won't really kill you, the holistic app experience is more important
This discussion has been closed.