Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will Rice let me drop a class after getting accepted ED??

collegeappsuckcollegeappsuck Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited December 2015 in Rice University
Hi. I was recently accepted to Rice ED. I am currently enrolled in AP Capstone, but I hate the course and I really want to drop it. Though, in the acceptance letter, I was told that any changes to my schedule would need to be approved by the office of admissions. Do you guys think they will allow this change?
Thank you!

Replies to: Will Rice let me drop a class after getting accepted ED??

• goldenbear2020goldenbear2020 Registered User Posts: 908 Member
    They probably won't like it if you drop an AP course, but would it be possible to replace it with another one-semester AP course such as Human Geography?
  • sarangooLsarangooL Registered User Posts: 161 Junior Member
    Well like you said, it has to be approved by the Admissions office, so I suggest you talk to them about it for a confirmation.
  • SwinterSwinter Registered User Posts: 1,062 Senior Member
    I had a vaguely similar issue and I emailed to ask them about it. Their response was "Your admission is based on the course load presented to us at the time of your application." It's different for every situation though, so I'd just suggest you contact them about it.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,598 Senior Member
    Congrats on your acceptance.
    Now let me offer a word of advise- It is ONLY 6 months more until you graduate. I know you dont want to continue with the class, but you would be wise not to give Rice ANY reason - dropping or changing a class or slacking off- to revoke your acceptance and offer it to another student dying to go to Rice.

Dont let"senoiritis" take hold of you- you will regret it.
  • collegeappsuckcollegeappsuck Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you all for the quick responses!
This discussion has been closed.