Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice on how to answer Rice's 500 word supplement

helpmefriendshelpmefriends Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
The Committee on Admission is interested in getting to know each candidate as well as possible through the application process. The following essay question is designed to demonstrate your writing skills and facilitate our full appreciation of your unique perspective.

The quality of Rice's academic life and the Residential College System are heavily influenced by the unique life experiences and cultural traditions each student brings. What personal perspective do you feel that you will contribute to life at Rice?

The problem is. The question they're asking. I basically answered it on my commonapp.

Replies to: Advice on how to answer Rice's 500 word supplement

• TooOld4SchoolTooOld4School Registered User Posts: 3,201 Senior Member
    It is an open ended question, just talk about a particular aspect of your philosophy or how you approach life.
  • sarangooLsarangooL Registered User Posts: 161 Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    I wrote about how one of my life changing experiences resulted in me developing a philosophy I try to live by, and how I want to share it with others at Rice.
This discussion has been closed.