Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Hotels Near Rice (For Move-In)

2»

Replies to: Hotels Near Rice (For Move-In)

• ricemomtooricemomtoo Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    We have also stayed at several of the hotels along Main Street. If you have a car we like the Best Western or the Holiday Inn because they both have free parking and you can easily take a small side street to Rice without having to cross/deal with Main Street. This is not a big deal at some times, but Main can be quite busy at other times.

Also - you may want to try Priceline. Since there are so many good hotels in Houston there are good deals available. The Medical Center zone is the one close to Rice. I know that the Marriott (3*) and the Holiday Inn (2 1/2*) have been available through Priceline. I used Priceline last fall when we took my daughter back to Rice, and we got a 4* hotel in the Galleria zone for $46. I couldn't decide between a nicer hotel or being close - if I do it again I think I'd opt for Medical Center.
  • solar2005solar2005 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd suggest looking at the SpringHill Suites (by Marriott) down on Old Spanish Trail. It's not far from campus (about 5 minutes) and the Rice rate was only 75, I think. Pretty good deal if you plan on buying a lot of stuff and want the extra space that the suite gives you. I stayed there last year for move-in and it worked well for us.
2»
This discussion has been closed.