Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

**Official Rice University Fall --2018-- Transfer Thread**

Replies to: **Official Rice University Fall --2018-- Transfer Thread**

• AGoodFloridianAGoodFloridian Registered User Posts: 1,363 Senior Member
    @luckybaby You can use the same portal you used last year, welcome back!
  • luckybabyluckybaby Registered User Posts: 490 Member
    wwww thank you very much!!! Every year meet Rice in application is a fantastic thing!!! @AGoodFloridian
  • BluePinkertonBluePinkerton Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Application sent, but one of my professors still hasn't sent in her recommendation letter on Common App. Nervous rn :-/
    Also, anyone know when we get access to the portal?
  • SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 286 Junior Member
    @AGoodFloridian I see you on every college thread I've applied to! These few months are gonna be a fun ride. What schools did you apply to?
    @SmartJarhead hahahahah, I've been getting that a lot lately :))

I have a bit of a history with Rice. (Check out last year's transfer thread. Loads of fun, I assure you.) I'm applying this year again because I genuinely like the school and the people there. I feel like I'm a stronger candidate now that I have a decent amount of credit backing me up.

My college list stands at 10, all colleges with strong engineering departments and financial aid programs. Cornell, Duke, Princeton, Stanford, Rice, Harvey Mudd, among others! I'm applying to some in-state options too of course.

Transfer admissions can be very fickle, you really never know what you'll get. I'm glad to be on this journey with you though! I've got a great feeling about this May, hopefully good news is one the horizon for us :)
    @AGoodFloridian Nice that's a great list. Getting into engineering programs is so hard nowadays. I'm a Poli Sci Major so acceptance rates are higher, but then again so are unemployment rates so it balances out lol. I'm applying to every school you are except Harvey Mudd, so we'll be going through this rollercoaster together.
  • lelelele11lelelele11 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 16
    Has anyone received an email about ESTHER?

@SmartJarhead You're right, that's why my list is so extensive hahaha When I started this process, a few words guided me and kept me in check. "All I need is one yes". That's it! I love my list of colleges; each one is there for a specific reason.

May will be the month. On some threads you'll have people speculating on when decisions will be released based on previous threads, on others there'll be silence until the day of, etc etc It's gonna be a trip, you won't forget it :))
    @lelelele11 So last year I had to email their financial aid department to -ask- for my ESTHER log in information. Email them with your name, date of birth, and Common App ID. They should send you your account info after that.
    @AGoodFloridian Lol "All I need is one yes" is exactly why I also applied to so many top schools with the best financial aid programs. I figured hey if I get into just 1 I'll have an almost free education. I'm looking forward to May.
  • IVokonIVokon Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    @lelelele11 I got my ESTHER account 3weeks ago.
    Anyone else still not have their College and High School Transcript not showing up on their portal?
    @BluePinkerton Honestly it's better to just call the school. I have missing materials for a bunch of schools I applied to, and the admissions offices told me not to worry because it takes time for them to match the sent in materials to the actual applicants. Just call the admissions office and they'll let you know when to worry or resend.
    One of my LoR professors hasn't turned in their letter, and isn't returning any of my e-mails. Ugh...