right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Rice Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

NovelicaNovelica 51 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
Hi everyone, I couldn't find a 2019 transfer thread, so here we go :)
187 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rice Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• sagitearsagitear 9 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    bump :) Submitting the application was so nerve-wracking today
    · Reply · Share
  • havehope3076havehope3076 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 17
    Hey sagitear, were you able to submit "The Box" on the Student Portal since you submitted your app on the day of the deadline? I'm still waiting for them to give me access to the portal and I'm getting antsy and slightly worried.
    edited March 17
    · Reply · Share
  • jimothy12jimothy12 11 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey dude, I had the same problem, I ended up emailing it to them, not sure if they'll accept it.
    · Reply · Share
  • transferrrrrrcctransferrrrrrcc 179 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    i am submitting a bunch of my supp materials late (box submitted via portal today, bought scores/transcripts to be sent today, not sure when they will even get to them). hope they dont hold it against me too much lol
    · Reply · Share
  • CriedEmersonCriedEmerson 69 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Ugh me too, I only got the link for the Box today, plus I had like 10 legitimate mistakes in my common app. Beginning to lose hope.
    · Reply · Share
  • CriedEmersonCriedEmerson 69 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    How are you guys' stats looking? ECs, test scores, transferring from, etc?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2Reach4star2Reach4star 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    When do results come out
    · Reply · Share
    May 1 to June 1 on a rolling basis, they said.
    · Reply · Share
    Did you guys use Common App? If so, when you download the application as a pdf, did you also notice how our essays turned into one giant paragraph?
    · Reply · Share
  • jimothy12jimothy12 11 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Last year decisions came out on 4/26

Also, are any of you guys currently freshmen?
    · Reply · Share
    Also, I called rice, they said that even if we submitted a little late it should be fine. They seem relatively chill about this kind of stuff
    · Reply · Share
    Ah, man, I totally messed up my application because of the time. Should have just submitted late.

No, I'm a soph from HCC
    · Reply · Share
  • AshtashAshtash 635 replies26 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 661 Member
    edited March 18
    We just upload the box on the upload section of the portal, right? I don't see anywhere that says box. We just put something that "appeals" to us, right?
    edited March 18
    · Reply · Share
    @jimothy12 are you sure TRANSFER decisions came out on that date? that's pretty soon
    · Reply · Share
    According to last year's Transfer thread for rice, they released the first wave at least on April 26. The year before the first wave came out May 5 and the second wave was May 22
    · Reply · Share