Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Omg Did You See This!?!?

catzonfirefoshocatzonfirefosho Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
edited February 2005 in Rice University
omg this new person...hotivyleaguewannabechick is bashing rice now.. WHAT'S UP WIT THAT!??! look at this
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=35723
hey Rice pplz.. i think we gotta REPRESENT!! bwahaha.. retaliation time mang...
Post edited by catzonfirefosho on

Replies to: Omg Did You See This!?!?

• simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    Just ignore her.
  • cavalier302cavalier302 Registered User Posts: 4,343 Senior Member
    This person is what we call an idiot and a flamer (in the message board sense, that is). Simba is right; just ignore her. I have a feeling that is she doesn't tone herself down, the mods will see to it that she ceases posting on CC.
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    it doesnt matter...
    as long as you know...
    her loss anyway.
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    man i just read that post...that girl is an....
    nvm....my gosh somebody needs to learn lessons of MODESTY....
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,415 Senior Member
    "A friend of mine recently graduated from Rice University and remains UNEMPLOYED to this day. Companies do NOT want to touch her because, quite frankly, she does not possess a valuable degree!"

Lol, what a friend SHE is. ;)
  • llamapyjamasllamapyjamas Registered User Posts: 307 Member
    good gracious! How can anyone be so socially clueless? I wonder if her being president of some republican club has anything to do with it.... :) J/k. She is the personfication of an elitist, but without the actual credentials/acceptances to back it up.
  • llamapyjamasllamapyjamas Registered User Posts: 307 Member
    holy cow. She's asian. I'm so ashamed of my people right now.
  • ldmom06ldmom06 Registered User Posts: 5,564 Senior Member
    I tend to believe this Ivy person was a hoax. But if not, I feel sorry for her...her credentials were pretty weak and she actually thought Who's Who was her ticket to into an Ivy. :-)

Hopefully she (if she is real) will get a clue as to what is necessary to be a top drawer candidate taken seriously by highly selectives....and what is necessary to be a decent human being with acceptable social skills. She can get by in this life without the prestigious diploma, but she is sunk without those social skills.
  • sreissreis Registered User Posts: 752 Member
    Yeah that is all just flame bait.. too bad she's not entertaining..
  • KosukeKosuke Registered User Posts: 763 Member
    "I tend to believe this Ivy person was a hoax"

ill agree. its not even believable. its obviously fake. i didnt know privates, but a 4.5+ weighted, at a top top top private school that ranks their students and has a class of 470 just sounds weird. i dont know, it just sounds weird. its way way way too over done to make any sense.
  • jonojono Registered User Posts: 1,116 Senior Member
    yeah top private schools don't rank and don't have large classes (many don't even do GPAs)

Rice was probably my second choice along with Princeton and Northwestern before I got in ED. Rice is an awesome school. I would go tell her off for all the other crap she's said and inform her of my ivy acceptance except that I think it's been done already. I think, somewhere in those 21 pages. . . I hope because I'm so not reading all of that garbage.
  • AsianManSamAsianManSam Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    hm.....i think that doing hoax stuff like this would be kinda fun...hm... :-D
  • hikkifanhikkifan Registered User Posts: 338 Member
    So it was a hoax after all. Good thing too - people like that don't really exist. At least I hope they don't.
This discussion has been closed.