Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Female applying to Physician assistant program

tealearmtealearm Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am a senior in high school planning to apply to RIT to start in the fall 2015 semester to be a dual physician assistant major. I understand that the male to female ratio at RIT is very high and was wondering if this would improve my chances of being accepted because I am female. I also have a math sat score of 630, a reading score of 560 and an act composite score of 26. My high school average is a 3.7 (on a 4.0 scale). I am very involved. I am a cheerleader, in national honor society, secretary of science club, in band, have had a cashiering job for 1.5 years so far and have had a summer internship at my local hospital. What are my chances of being accepted?

Replies to: Female applying to Physician assistant program

• oldmom4896oldmom4896 Registered User Posts: 3,676 Senior Member
    Here are the middle-50-percent stats for accepted students at the RIT College of Health Sciences and Technology (which includes the Physician Assistant major):
    SAT 1620-1910
    ACT 26-30
    http://www.rit.edu/upub/pdfs/Prospectus.pdf

My daughter is a freshman within that college, majoring in biomedical science. There are more women than men in her major, not sure about the whole college.

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.