Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Others here who are applying for Fall 2017?

Replies to: Others here who are applying for Fall 2017?

• 2kidsinky2kidsinky Registered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    @IamINTP, I wish it was sooner for my daughter's sake!
  • IamINTPIamINTP Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    @2kidsinky Sooner for my own sake too. xD
  • sidatomsidatom Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    3 days left for ED deadline at both RIT and Stevens, and torn between the 2. RIT seems to have a great co-op for engineering, but Stevens isn't too bad either. Stevens obviously with a better location, cannot run RIT NPC at the moment but surely Rochester will be cheaper. They also seem to give a lot of merit and needs based aid.
  • actkidactkid Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    My son applied to RIT and Stevens too and is torn as well. We'll see what happens! I"m sure RIT will be cheaper but it is pretty far for us.
  • 2kidsinky2kidsinky Registered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    I was pleasantly surprised that RIT mailed my DD an actual printed 2016-17 Undergraduate Bulletin (a 300 page catalog!) Being from a previous generation than my daughter, I love paging through it, haha. It has info on all the major, minors and immersions. Has anyone else received this yet? If anyone wants info from the Bulletin, just ask... actually it is also available to view online, here is the link https://www.rit.edu/upub/pdfs/Undergrad_Bulletin.pdf Not sure how to make the link turn blue....
  • snooznsnoozn Registered User Posts: 1,019 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    My D is applying RD in electrical engineering. RIT is very high up on her list and I wish they had EA instead of ED. She loves that "clean and renewable" energy is a specific option, as this is definitely the field she wants to go into. We visited over the summer and had a very positive experience. She took ASL as her foreign language so it would be cool if she could really use it and improve. She's gotten a few useful catalogs from RIT including one specific to women in engineering. It's going to be very suspenseful waiting until March!

@2kidsinky, the link works for me.
  • dbjs70dbjs70 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    my S16 got the bulletin when he was applying last year. I thought it was cool that they sent it, and we found it helpful to look over the programs of study for his major. It's nice to have the actual catalog to flip through rather than having to go through it online...
  • Motiv8tedmom23Motiv8tedmom23 Registered User Posts: 208 Junior Member
    My DS17, from MA, sent his application in last week. Looking at either Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
    @Motiv8tedmom23, good luck to your DS17. My S16 is a MechE first year and loving the school.
    @dbjs70 - Thank you! This time last year I was encouraging my D16 to get her applications in - she only did RD to any of the schools she applied to. She's going for Mechanical at UMass Amherst but may switch to Industrial with a minor in Engineering Management. Glad to hear good things about R.I.T.
    edited December 2016
    DS17 just received an acceptance to RIT for Civil Engineering. :D
  • IamINTPIamINTP Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    @Motiv8tedmom23 umm... did you apply ED?
  • jabbahopjabbahop Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Son just received his early decision acceptance in Game Design yesterday. Apparently we will get his scholarship info separately. He is happy to have the decision made.

Now we just have to see where his twin brother will end up as he didn't apply to RIT.
    edited December 2016
    @jabbahop and @Motiv8tedmom23 congrats!! My S16 roommate is a game design major and I believe is like the program. S16 is a MechE major and loves the school.

Scholarship info does come later, though I can't recall specifically when, though I think in late February.
This discussion has been closed.