Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Overview of our visit to RIT (Rochester Institute of Tech)

14567810»

Replies to: Overview of our visit to RIT (Rochester Institute of Tech)

• smokinactsmokinact Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    That is great indeed!!!!
  • mamaduckmamaduck Registered User Posts: 672 Member
    No experience with imaging science, though I know they're known for it.
  • oldmom4896oldmom4896 Registered User Posts: 3,607 Senior Member
    My daughter did College and Careers too! It takes place from Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon and it's a great introduction to RIT and to college life. There's a complete parallel program for parents, during which I had the opportunity to sit down and talk one-on-one with several faculty members, eat in the main dining hall, etc., etc. The kids signed up for 3 one-hour "classes" in a variety of topics taught by professors, sleep in dorms, and have a great evening program to have fun on Friday night.
    http://www.rit.edu/emcs/admissions/careers/
    I thought it was a really good deal for $145 per student; parents' program was free.
  • mamaduckmamaduck Registered User Posts: 672 Member
    We loved Colleges and Careers. It's what swayed our D to RIT, and introduced her to a previously unknown major. My S (HS class of '16) will be attending C&C too!
  • 12dandelion12dandelion Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    Because our son who is HS class of '17 was with us we didn't do many of the parent programs, but instead explored Rochester. Nice little zoo, fun 'beach' area. When D was with us we also visited Eastman House, the home of George Eastman of Kodak fame. That was interesting too. The weekend convinced all of us that Rochester in general and RIT in specific was a good choice. Of course, then she still applied to some completely different small liberal arts colleges, but in the end she decided RIT was the best fit.

Have a good trip to Union @smokinact, at least the weather should be good and the foliage is about at peak.
14567810»
This discussion has been closed.