Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question for a Rutgers parent

elka67elka67 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Rutgers University
Did you attend the Rutgers Business School parent program (the one for this year is scheduled for Sunday 4/29)? I have a scheduling issue and was wondering if anyone could tell me what is reviewed so I can decide if I must attend. The Rutgers website has absolutely no info about it other than time and location.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies to: Question for a Rutgers parent

• rualumrualum Registered User Posts: 2,222 Senior Member
    I went to it 2 years ago. There were various speakers, including housing, campus security, and a dean or 3.

They had a sign up sheet for parent emails, so they could send relevant info, but I'm not sure if they continued that because I haven't gotten an email in awhile.

They told us to be aware of scholarships that come up during the year. The speaker said that one year, there were about 4 scholarships for something, and only 4 or 5 people applied. He was advising the parents to communicate with your student on a continuing basis for things like that.

He said that every year, they admit better students, and every year, a handful completely fail out for no good reason (well, for not going to class and failing the tests. He advised encouraging responsibility)

They talked generally about the business program, companies that recruit, etc.

I think they told us to send an ethernet cable for the computer hookup in the room. And a wireless router? (I don't really remember that part, but when our son moved in, we couldn't get a connection and Rutgers computer dept. sent a student employee right out to the room to fix it. He was very helpful.)

Some of the parents asked questions about topics that the speakers had already covered, getting me annoyed.

There was nothing really crucial about this meeting, but it was nice to go.

There was coffee, tea, water and donuts. There may have been grapes.
This discussion has been closed.