Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How is Pre Med Environment at RU?

firered786firered786 Registered User Posts: 293 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Rutgers University
Is it cut throat? Are the classes challenging, or are some impossible? (I'm not asking if it is hard, but are professors sometimes just unfair?). Resources? Research opportunities? Thank you.
Post edited by firered786 on

Replies to: How is Pre Med Environment at RU?

• cathy009cathy009 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    well i think the best way to answer all your questions about the pre med environment at rutgers is to attend rutgers during their academic planning and advising days. nationally, 45% of applicants (total applicants would be 355k) get the opportunity to enter medical school. at rutgers, 60% of their students who applied are admitted into a medical school. and of course, there will be more competitive applicants than others which makes students have that "cut-throat" competitive feel but overall from what I've seen.. its a friendly environment.
  • danicaRUdanicaRU Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    The health professions office at Rutgers (index.gif) provides pre-med students with an abundance of resources which ultimately help them get into medical school. I encourage you to check them out, and give them a call if you have specific questions.
This discussion has been closed.