Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rutgers and IB!

Izzie97Izzie97 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
I'm an American Citizen but I did my high schooling and IB Diploma in India. My medium of language in high school was English, and my language A1 for IB was also English, at HL. Do I still need to take an English proficiency examination to get admission into Rutgers (PharmD. program)?
I went to their website to see the English proficiency requirements by country, but my computer says the server wasn't found.

Oh, and does the Ernest Mario school of pharmacy really accept the IB Diploma? They said:
"Yes. Rutgers University recognizes the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions recommends advanced placement credit for Higher Level passes of five, six, and seven. Final decisions, however, rest with the college/school deans and/or department chairs who may require a syllabus before making such decisions."

So what does that mean? That my SL exams won't be counted? In that case I'll only have 4 credits!
I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how exactly Rutgers looks at the IB Diploma, in particular the Ernest Mario school. I can't find it anywhere!
This discussion has been closed.