Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What's the deal with pharmacy?

Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
edited March 2006 in Rutgers University
I know the pharm program at rutgers is well-known and all, but how exactly does it work? I've heard of 6-year programs, but are they mandatory? I was accepted online, but don't know what to do. Is there anything else I have to enroll? Since I've got so many questions in one thread, I'll just add these: What exactly does a pharmacist do? What sort of jobs can a pharmacist get? What's the average salary?
Post edited by Sanosuke Sagara on

Replies to: What's the deal with pharmacy?

• Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    Thanx. Now I need someone to answer my q's about the rutgers pharmacy program...
  • PaRiAnPaRiAn Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    Pharmacist is an amazing career and Rutgers has an amazing pharmacy college. Unless you are going for something higher in terms of salary like a doctor or a lawyer i would consider you a fool for passing up Ernest Mario. Heck considering the fact that most pharmacists can make easily 100k out of college id consider you a fool even if you are going for doctor. Pharmacy has one of the best ratios of years in college to starting salary. The only thing that i can think of which can match up is maybe nursing... but not many men want to be nurse and nursing is a generally much dirtier job.
  • Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    That's my problem; I'm stuck b/w doctor and pharmacist right now...I know doctors can make a lot more money, but it'll take a lot more work over a longer period of time, and I just don't want to pay for that much schooling. I'm also quite lazy, so I might seriously drop out. On the other hand, I'm not sure how much pharmacists will make in the long run. I know their in demand right now and will probably be in the future, (unlike doctors) so this is a real problem. I'm glad you answered parian, but I'm gonna need a bit more information and a lot more time to think about this...

BtW, how do nurses make more/the same as doctors?
  • somagreensomagreen Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    Well, there is a nurse shortage similar to the pharmacist shortage so their salaries are probably high too.
This discussion has been closed.