Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Computer/Electrical Engineering or Finance @ Rutgers ----> MBA

AbN610AbN610 Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
edited March 2006 in Rutgers University
Okay so I will be going to Rutgers University (New Brunswick) next fall. I have been accepted to both the School of Engineering and Rutgers College. I am unsure as to whether I should major in Finance or Computer and Electrical Engineering. I would like to later go on and get an MBA. I have heard that an undergrad degree in business is not worth it because you will be taking similar courses in business school when going for the MBA. I really don't want to waste money majoring in Finance or another business related field when I will be taking the same courses again in business school. Plus, I have heard that Rutgers Business School is crap and that the School of Engineering is much better at Rutgers. What do you guys think is better? Will an engineering degree from Rutgers or a business degree from Rutgers be more beneficial? Do Computer and Electrical Engineers have the same oppurtunities as those who major in Finance as undergrads? Do engineers have less opportunities, in terms of jobs, than do finance majors? Will majoring in finance be beneficial for me when I go on to pursue an MBA? Please help I am very confused and open to any feedback. I need to enroll in a school within a week so I really need some help here. PLEASE HELP!!!
Post edited by AbN610 on

Replies to: Computer/Electrical Engineering or Finance @ Rutgers ----> MBA

This discussion has been closed.