Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is Rutgers easy to get in to if you live in state?

2»

Replies to: Is Rutgers easy to get in to if you live in state?

• jenlibjenlib Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    don, no way you would get in rutgers nb with a 2.2 even if your SAT was 1400/1600.

you're guaranteed in at livingston at least with a 3.0 and a 1200.
  • jenlibjenlib Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    rank may be an issue, but it wasn't for me. i have a 3.4 and a 1260/1840 but my rank was 98/175 - at my hs we have the option of whether or not we want to list our rank, which i took advantage of. i'm being considered for a scholarship which i won't get once they see my class rank. i was accepted to douglass, livingston, and rutgers college in 3 days.
  • Tor1017Tor1017 . Posts: 170 Junior Member
    I think I would get in then with a rank of 88/195.....tho my gpa is 3.0

Also your school must be mad smart. 3.4 and not even in the top half. That'll get you in the top quarter at my school, though our classes are tough bc we are private, so it could be diff for you.
  • xjocelynx87xjocelynx87 Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    I think it's funny how Rutgers is always the back up school for kids applying to more prestigious schools. I'm not gonna lie, that's the way it is for me, but I do really like Rutgers and will be happy if I end up going there.
  • Tor1017Tor1017 . Posts: 170 Junior Member
    It wouldnt be much a back up for me bc my stats arent so great. 3.0 gpa
2»
This discussion has been closed.