Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rutgers Internet Question

Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
edited April 2006 in Rutgers University
Don't know if this has been asked before but is there free wi-fi at rutgers, or is it wired? I toured mattia and i saw ethernet cable, so is there both in the dorms or is it all wired? Also, are there any restrictions on internet access? The last thing I need is some gay bess preventing me from downloading from/visiting sites.
Post edited by Sanosuke Sagara on

Replies to: Rutgers Internet Question

• VininVinin Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    There is a limit on d/u rates, I believe its 2 gigs download, and a gig upload. Something like that. If you go over, resnet suspends your internet for a week. It won't prevent normal surfing if that is all you do. It does prevent massive downloading. This however is not usually a problem as there is a DC++ hub on campus where you can find anything you really need. Movies, music, anything, its a great resource.
    About wireless, when you make a resnet and eden email account, you use that same username and password to log onto the free wi-fi. To be honest, I've found the coverage to very iffy and mostly concentrated around classrooms, but even then it can be weak. Id recommend just using the wired tap as they are pretty fast.
  • supermtt37supermtt37 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    http://ruwireless.rutgers.edu/

Theres some more info... you can find where wireless is offered on that site (its not over the entire campus).
  • Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    That really sux. Hopefully all the anime I watch will be availabe through DC++....
  • AbN610AbN610 Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    Exactly how FAST is the wired internet at Rutgers? - Barr Hall at Busch Campus specifically.
This discussion has been closed.