right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Rutgers Internet Question

Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara 227 replies45 threads Junior Member
edited April 2006 in Rutgers University
Don't know if this has been asked before but is there free wi-fi at rutgers, or is it wired? I toured mattia and i saw ethernet cable, so is there both in the dorms or is it all wired? Also, are there any restrictions on internet access? The last thing I need is some gay bess preventing me from downloading from/visiting sites.
edited April 2006
4 replies
Post edited by Sanosuke Sagara on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rutgers Internet Question

• VininVinin 249 replies7 threads Junior Member
    There is a limit on d/u rates, I believe its 2 gigs download, and a gig upload. Something like that. If you go over, resnet suspends your internet for a week. It won't prevent normal surfing if that is all you do. It does prevent massive downloading. This however is not usually a problem as there is a DC++ hub on campus where you can find anything you really need. Movies, music, anything, its a great resource.
    About wireless, when you make a resnet and eden email account, you use that same username and password to log onto the free wi-fi. To be honest, I've found the coverage to very iffy and mostly concentrated around classrooms, but even then it can be weak. Id recommend just using the wired tap as they are pretty fast.
    · Reply · Share
  • supermtt37supermtt37 409 replies10 threads Member
    http://ruwireless.rutgers.edu/

Theres some more info... you can find where wireless is offered on that site (its not over the entire campus).
    · Reply · Share
  • Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara 227 replies45 threads Junior Member
    That really sux. Hopefully all the anime I watch will be availabe through DC++....
    · Reply · Share
  • AbN610AbN610 108 replies34 threads Junior Member
    Exactly how FAST is the wired internet at Rutgers? - Barr Hall at Busch Campus specifically.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity