right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Rutgers NB School of Nursing - Chance Me

ekris02ekris02 3 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 2019 in Rutgers University
Hi, just feeling a little anxious and looking for some input is all (I'm an in-state student, ten minutes away from the NB campus).

GPA Weighted: 97.5

GPA Unweighted: 94.7

SAT: (I just took my first one in June and got an 1160. I'm taking it two more times in August/October and I think I can try and get it up to low 1200s, but I feel like that may be the highest I can get).

HONORS/AP CLASSES:
- I've taken 12 honors classes (freshman-junior year) and I'll be taking 1 more my senior year, so 13 honors classes in 4 years. I took 1 AP class junior year and I'm taking 2 more senior year, so 3 AP classes total. *I also got a 4 on my AP Lang test.
- Just in terms of relation to nursing, I've taken honors bio/chem/physics, psychology, sociology, and senior year I'll be taking anatomy honors, child development/parenting, and AP environmental science (though I don't exactly know if that's super relevant to nursing).

CLASS RANK: Decile Rank 1 (Top 10%).

ETHNICITY: Asian

EXTRACURRICULARS:
- President of a Feminism/Empowerment club for junior/senior year, but I've been an actual member since sophomore year.
- National Honor Society (junior/senior year).
- Member of a Peer Mentorship program/club (junior/senior year).
- Member of the Red Cross club (only freshman year).
- 100+ service hours
- Volunteered at a hospital for 60 hours (the hospital is RWJUH, which has connections with Rutgers NB I believe).

I'd actually really appreciate any tips/advice you guys could give me that would help better my chances, thank you!
edited July 2019
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rutgers NB School of Nursing - Chance Me

• snjDadOfTwosnjDadOfTwo 2 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter got accepted for this year. At accepted-students-day they had a presentation with a lot of the stats for the incoming class, I can't remember the exact number but the average SAT was in the mid 1300's. We found that most of the nursing programs listed SAT and GPA/Classes as their top criteria during their admissions presentations. So I suspect an SAT in the low 1200's might make Rutgers NB more of a reach school. Good Luck.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity