right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Fall 2020 Transfer Thread

SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
I didn’t see a thread for the Fall 2020 Transfer applicants at Rutgers. Thought I’ll start so we can share Stats, and admission decisions !
14 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fall 2020 Transfer Thread

• sahilp3sahilp3 5 replies1 threads New Member
    not sure if my reply will be of much use anymore, but now that the semester's officially over, why not.

i think i'm going to end this semester with a 3.5 gpa, and i'm currently a freshman at a 4-year university trying to transfer into the rutgers school of engineering. i've been hella nervous about it because i already got rejected once in my senior year of high school. and i've also been hearing that they don't even read your essay... how true is that?
    · Reply · Share
  • camilagvcamilagv 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Major: Anthropology
    GPA: 3.15
    I applied to 4 schools CSULB CSUF, San Francisco State and San Diego State
    Already got accepted into San Francisco State
    · Reply · Share
  • njccstudent2020njccstudent2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I'll be applying to SAS and RBS at both Newark and NB. Not gonna get my hopes up with RBS seeing as I have a 3.3 but hopefully I can get into SAS.
    · Reply · Share
  • TictacmissusTictacmissus 72 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @sahilp3 The average transfer GPA of SOE as of last year was a 3.4-3.9 where so a 3.5 would probably put you around the 25th percentile of accepted applicants. If you can, try to raise your gpa. On that note, I know a transfer to this year who had a 3.25 gpa
    · Reply · Share
  • hjp213hjp213 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Major: Psychology
    GPA: 4.0 at Montclair State

I am applying to Rutgers SAS and was waitlisted last time I applied, I was just wondering if you guys think I will get in?
    · Reply · Share
  • sahilp3sahilp3 5 replies1 threads New Member
    edited January 7
    @Tictacmissus it turns out i ended with a 3.750 for fall 2019... does that improve my chances at all. i go to NJIT and my major is civil engineering if that makes a diff also
    edited January 7
    · Reply · Share
  • ej061402ej061402 2 replies3 threads New Member
    @sahilp3 if you don't mind me asking why are you transferring to Rutgers when it seems NJIT would be a 'better' school as far as your major goes?
    · Reply · Share
  • SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Hey guys! Just found out today at 5:00am I’ve been accepted into both SAS and SMLR. My major is offered through both schools so I applied to both just in case j didn’t get into SAS. Now I’m stuck with which to accept.

STATS
    I attend a State University in NJ
    My Fall GPA was a 3.5 but my cumulative is a 3.3. If you factor my community college GPA which was only 3 classes , it brings my total transfer GPA down to 3.0 . I think my essay , and resume is what help me get into SAS. I explained why Idid bad in the one semester of community college (personal reasons) and outlined my work history and my service to country (I am a vet) . Also I’ve only gotten one C at my current school (it was during the hurricane). But my grade trend is pretty consistent of only A’s and B’s .
    · Reply · Share
  • TictacmissusTictacmissus 72 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @sahilp3 yes it should raise your chances significantly. I am pretty sure SOE only looks at GPA
    · Reply · Share
  • Rutgers28Rutgers28 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied to RBS and SAS (both New Brunswick). I am transferring from Kutztown University (4 year school). I ended my first semester with a 3.8. Do I have a good chance at getting in? and When can I expect to hear back?
    · Reply · Share
    Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you think the sooner the apply, the sooner you hear back?
    · Reply · Share
    @SunTransferFall Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you think the sooner the apply, the sooner you hear back?
    · Reply · Share
  • njccstud3nt2020njccstud3nt2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I don't think so because my application has been in for at least 2 months now. I think it's in random order..I really hope I get into at least one of the schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
    I applied back in September. They told me they wanted my fall grades , so I sent my updated transcript on December. So It took a month and half after sending my transcript for a decision. I still didn’t hear back from Newark or Camden. Funny how NB was the first to respond when they are the hardest.
    · Reply · Share