right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Fall 2020 Transfer Thread

SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited April 14 in Rutgers University
I didn’t see a thread for the Fall 2020 Transfer applicants at Rutgers. Thought I’ll start so we can share Stats, and admission decisions !
edited April 14
158 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fall 2020 Transfer Thread

• sahilp3sahilp3 11 replies1 threads New Member
    not sure if my reply will be of much use anymore, but now that the semester's officially over, why not.

i think i'm going to end this semester with a 3.5 gpa, and i'm currently a freshman at a 4-year university trying to transfer into the rutgers school of engineering. i've been hella nervous about it because i already got rejected once in my senior year of high school. and i've also been hearing that they don't even read your essay... how true is that?
    · Reply · Share
  • camilagvcamilagv 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Major: Anthropology
    GPA: 3.15
    I applied to 4 schools CSULB CSUF, San Francisco State and San Diego State
    Already got accepted into San Francisco State
    · Reply · Share
  • njccstudent2020njccstudent2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I'll be applying to SAS and RBS at both Newark and NB. Not gonna get my hopes up with RBS seeing as I have a 3.3 but hopefully I can get into SAS.
    · Reply · Share
  • TictacmissusTictacmissus 137 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @sahilp3 The average transfer GPA of SOE as of last year was a 3.4-3.9 where so a 3.5 would probably put you around the 25th percentile of accepted applicants. If you can, try to raise your gpa. On that note, I know a transfer to this year who had a 3.25 gpa
    · Reply · Share
  • hjp213hjp213 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Major: Psychology
    GPA: 4.0 at Montclair State

I am applying to Rutgers SAS and was waitlisted last time I applied, I was just wondering if you guys think I will get in?
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 7
    @Tictacmissus it turns out i ended with a 3.750 for fall 2019... does that improve my chances at all. i go to NJIT and my major is civil engineering if that makes a diff also
    edited January 7
    · Reply · Share
  • ej061402ej061402 4 replies7 threads New Member
    @sahilp3 if you don't mind me asking why are you transferring to Rutgers when it seems NJIT would be a 'better' school as far as your major goes?
    · Reply · Share
  • SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Hey guys! Just found out today at 5:00am I’ve been accepted into both SAS and SMLR. My major is offered through both schools so I applied to both just in case j didn’t get into SAS. Now I’m stuck with which to accept.

STATS
    I attend a State University in NJ
    My Fall GPA was a 3.5 but my cumulative is a 3.3. If you factor my community college GPA which was only 3 classes , it brings my total transfer GPA down to 3.0 . I think my essay , and resume is what help me get into SAS. I explained why Idid bad in the one semester of community college (personal reasons) and outlined my work history and my service to country (I am a vet) . Also I’ve only gotten one C at my current school (it was during the hurricane). But my grade trend is pretty consistent of only A’s and B’s .
    · Reply · Share
  • TictacmissusTictacmissus 137 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @sahilp3 yes it should raise your chances significantly. I am pretty sure SOE only looks at GPA
    · Reply · Share
  • Rutgers28Rutgers28 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied to RBS and SAS (both New Brunswick). I am transferring from Kutztown University (4 year school). I ended my first semester with a 3.8. Do I have a good chance at getting in? and When can I expect to hear back?
    · Reply · Share
    Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you think the sooner the apply, the sooner you hear back?
    · Reply · Share
    @SunTransferFall Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you think the sooner the apply, the sooner you hear back?
    · Reply · Share
  • njccstud3nt2020njccstud3nt2020 11 replies0 threads New Member
    I don't think so because my application has been in for at least 2 months now. I think it's in random order..I really hope I get into at least one of the schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • SunTransferFallSunTransferFall 2 replies1 threads New Member
    I applied back in September. They told me they wanted my fall grades , so I sent my updated transcript on December. So It took a month and half after sending my transcript for a decision. I still didn’t hear back from Newark or Camden. Funny how NB was the first to respond when they are the hardest.
    · Reply · Share
    Did anyone register for Transfer Student Instant Decision Day?
    · Reply · Share
  • njccstud3nt2020njccstud3nt2020 11 replies0 threads New Member
    Just got accepted to RBS and SAS in Newark, gonna see what happens in NB now but I'm at least happy I have options now.
    · Reply · Share
  • RutgersTransfer5RutgersTransfer5 22 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hey everyone, I'm applying to sas and rbs and I have a 3.03 gpa, gl everyone
    · Reply · Share
    Did anyone get accepted this week?
    · Reply · Share
  • olivetree326olivetree326 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I applied on January 29th for the Rutgers at brookdale social work program. I’m not sure how the admission process is for that particular location. I was told via e-mail by the admissions office that decisions would be sent out no later than April 15th.... I really hope i won’t be waiting until then to find it... I was already accepted to Stockton for the fall but Rutgers is my first choice.

My gpa is 3.6.. I’m taking 12 credits this semester so my grades and gpa should only increase significantly.

· Reply · Share
  • njpeachnjpeach 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Anybody else register for Instant Decision Day at NB? I applied to RBS and SAS on January 3, sent in my supplemental info on January 10, still have not heard back. Will be hearing back when I go for Instant Decision Day on Feb. 11. I am a freshman and will finish 28 credits by the end of this semester and my GPA last semester was a 3.7. I am nervous to hear back but would find it odd to go all the way there and meet with someone and then have them tell me I did not get in. Just going based off what I think, haven't heard of anyone who has done the Instant Decision Day yet so I don't really know what to expect.
    · Reply · Share