Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pharmacy School

Y2kplaya92Y2kplaya92 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Rutgers University
Where is Rutger's Pharmacy school. I have broken my college list down to Cornell, Tufts and Rutgers School of Pharmacy.
Post edited by Y2kplaya92 on

Replies to: Pharmacy School

• TheRoadUntakenTheRoadUntaken Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    It's located in New Brunswick, NJ (busch campus)
  • KaRUKaRU Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    Rutgers Pharmacy is one of the best pharm schools in the Northeast.
  • supermtt37supermtt37 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    Busch is in Piscataway, NJ. That's why they always say they're reporting from Piscataway when they cover the sports teams.

Do you have any questions about classes/research/etc?
  • Y2kplaya92Y2kplaya92 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    I have questions regarding the school of pharmacy and Busch Campus.

Please rate the

Food
    The research oppurtunites if I were in the school of pharmacy.
    The people. Are they smart, quiet, snobbish, secluded.
    Diversity (race and interests).
    The quality of the food
    The girls.
    The extracurricular activites.
    The dorms
    The academics. I love challenging courses, but are the courses excessive in difficulty.
  • KaRUKaRU Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    Research.. Rutgers is a major research school so there will be no problem there.

People- most people are smart. You will have you snobbish, secluded, quite kids on every college campus. But most kids are nice to each other.

Diversity- there is so much diversity at Rutgers, not just on Busch campus.

Quality of food- buch campus dining hall is the best at Rutgers. I live on Cook campus but will make the trip over to Bucsh

Girls- Pretty good looking. No compliants from me.

Dorms- Busch has some of the best dorms.

Academics- very challenging. It is very hard to get all A's or B's at this school. You will fall behind quickly in upper level classes if you do not take it seriously
  • futuredreamerfuturedreamer Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    can someone PLZZZZZZZZZZ tell me more about Rutger's pharmacy program and some other pharmacy schools? i know some but i was wondering if there are other schools im not aware of around east, thx!!
  • kanyekanye Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    exclusively pharm. schools? well there are many colleges offer pharmacy as a major, but there are only about 13 in the nation that has the 0+6 program and Rutgers is one of them.

http://www.rxinsider.com/schools_of_pharmacy.htm

^ a collective list of all the pharm. schools in the US

Some around the east coast who offer this 0+6 program include Northeastern University, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Rhode Island University (i think?), St. John's University, and University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. I'm sure there are more if you research...

Apparently if you want to see the rankings of pharm. schools, they aren't according to their educational prestige. It had something to do about money and funding but I forgot.

http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2005_School_Rank.html

^ rankings for 2005

As long as you graduate with a Pharm. D and you get a license, it doesn't matter where you graduated from - i heard they hire you anyway because of lack of personnel.
  • JimgotkpJimgotkp Registered User Posts: 2,854 Senior Member
    Yeah Rutgers has an amazing Pharmacy. alot of kids go there that I know of.
This discussion has been closed.