Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rutgers Versus TUfts

Y2kplaya92Y2kplaya92 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Rutgers University
I got into the school of pharmacy and have a tough desicion to make. I am looking for a school that prepares me for a profession not a job, Rutgers school of Pharmacy fullfilled this. I am looking for a school that is politically active and that has good debate/mock trial teams.
Post edited by Y2kplaya92 on

Replies to: Rutgers Versus TUfts

• InkontrolInkontrol Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Tufts overall is a much stronger university, but if pharmacy is something your doing, Rutgers has a very strong program in it. I'm not to sure about Tufts pharmacy but I haven't heard anything about it. I'm going to Rutgers next year and my classes Valedictorian is going to Tufts so kind of weird to see the two compared.
  • lolabellelolabelle Registered User Posts: 2,293 Senior Member
    kind of weird to see the two compared.

Agreed. Very different schools. Tufts does not have a pharmacy school but very good natural science departments as well as public health programs.
  • supermtt37supermtt37 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    If you think you can do well at Rutgers and will enjoy it, I suggest staying in state and saving your money. Rutgers has a wider array of class selection and research opportunities because it is a larger university-- you'll have all of these at your fingertips, you'll just need to take advantage of them. If you have specific questions about classes, housing, anything, ask.

http://debate.rutgers.edu/
    I know that there was a mock trial team recently developed, but I don't see a website for it.
  • OldPersonOldPerson Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Pharmacy is one of the best occupations to go into.Especially if you are paying in-state tuition this is an easy choice.
This discussion has been closed.