Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
purplefoampurplefoam Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Rutgers University
Do people bike or just take the bus? Is it a safe place to bike and how are the bike paths (i noticed on the map that they are not connected to each other)?
Post edited by purplefoam on

Replies to: Biking

• supermtt37supermtt37 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    Some people bike (espescially within one campus to get around), though not so much when its freezing during the winter. You can get to Busch or Douglass/Cook from College Ave without much trouble. Getting to Livingston would require you to bike to Busch first and then travel to Livingston (sort of out of the way).
  • TheRoadUntakenTheRoadUntaken Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    Most people just take the bus. I have to admit, as an incoming freshman, I was very shaky on the entire RU Bus system and transportation because I thought it would be a hassle to travel from one campus to another. I was, however, very mistaken. The bus system is very good and they even have a website to check when the next bus is coming.
  • Sanosuke SagaraSanosuke Sagara Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    Not too many people bike, but the paths are pretty good. Well-lit at night, and they got those emergency pole things along most of the way. Bikes are really useful within campuses, but u can even use em b/w campuses. I live on busch and bike to college ave/livingston w/o too many problems. Only real beefs i got are that the path sometimes crosses a main road and u gotta get off or watch for traffic. Also havent biked to douglass, only because ive never had class there.
  • NJmanNJman Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    It is plenty safe around campus. I run all the time and it is easy to get from campus to campus. I would take the bus to go to classes. Buses are not as bad as people make them out to be.
This discussion has been closed.